Issues for Nokia Lumia 920

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Issues for Nokia Lumia 920

When your phone is frozen like that, hold power and volume down until the phone reboots. This could take more than 10 seconds of holding the buttons down.

aguynamedvic
I'm Here A Lot

just want to add my experience to the thread.

I have had the music app crash and the phone freeze, multiple times. holding vol - and power till the phone vibrates and restarts solves the issue (as previously stated).

I have had the high data usage problem also, checking the keep wifi on option seems to have solved this, but really this shouldnt even be needed.  from what I have read on this issue, it is a result of the WP8 OS selecting the data connection with the highest speed or dropping wifi if the connection isn't "good".. thats is what I understood anyways.

I called roges about the data issue, and they told me to do a factory reset if the problem still happened... well doing that bricked the phone and put me in teh spinning gears of death screen.. I was eventually able to recover it by connecting to my laptop and doing hard reset multiple times till the f*cker eventually got past that screen and booted again. did a second factory reset and it didn't happen again. weird.

I also did the location change to the US and using Pandora, works great. Unless I'm missing something about xbox music, but I'm not about to pay $99 a year to access music I can stream for free with pandora or nokia music+ simply by changing the location of my phone.

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

Xbox Music works on more than just Windows Phone. Pandora on other platforms won't due to the license restrictions.
ShinraCorp
I Plan to Stick Around

I've got the 920 since November (day 1 buyer, since I was the proud owner of a Lumia 700) every month I was able to go under my limit (500 MB) but this month in less than 10 days of my billing cycle I somehow consumed more than 1.5 GB of data, which is strange since I always do the usual web browsing and watch Youtube videos at home only.
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
vinay12
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for sharing .
nolizwi
I've Been Around

Hi

Normaly i used to spend 500MB a month , now this phone exploits 500MB in 3 days. I told my SP and Nokia and they said there is nothing they can do.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nolizwi

This sometimes does happen if you leave any streaming services on OR use LTE a lot. If you have not done any of those, i would contact Rogers again & speak to retentions. Let them know
apocacrux
I'm Here A Lot

@nolizwi wrote:

Hi

Normaly i used to spend 500MB a month , now this phone exploits 500MB in 3 days. I told my SP and Nokia and they said there is nothing they can do.

This may depend on specific apps as well. I am sure you have DataSense now to tell you which apps are eating up the most of your data, and you should probably uninstall them. I know Tumblr was consuming over 1GB a month just by running in the background, for me.

Butterflywings
I've Been Around

Hi, I had the same issues with battery and heat. I have removed live tiles, that helped. I now am going to do these two steps. Thanks for posting. Will post later to let you know if this works for me.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Butterflywings

Let us know if it works without any issues!!