Issue Connecting 763s hotspot outside of Canada

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regg001
I've Been Here Awhile

Issue Connecting 763s hotspot outside of Canada

I just came back from the US (Florida). I had a lot of issues with my Netgear 763s hotspot to get an internet session.

It would connect to the AT&T network instantly, but if the connection was LTE - i could not use the internet at all (all website were not found). The only way i was able to connect was to connect to AT&T and limit my connection to 4G only.

First time i had that issue in the US (been travelling with my hotspot many time since 2013 - never had such issue before).

So is there something that needs to be upgraded for the AT&T LTE Network in the US - however i found no software update to it. Or it is a case where my 763s is about to give up and i should replaced it after 3 years ?

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Issue Connecting 763s hotspot outside of Canada

Hi @regg001,

Thank you for your patience I can imagine how frustrating that must have been for you.

I understand you had an issue connecting to the Internet during a visit to U.S.A. Florida using the Mobile Hotspot Sierra Wireless AirCard® 763S on AT&T's LTE network. Which seem to work fine on AT&T's 4G network. Although you suspected something to do with changes (upgrades) on AT&T's LTE network. There could also be other factors such as the device, account, SIM card or specific location.

• Did you try resetting the Sierra Wireless AirCard?

• Did you get a chance to test the LTE in different locations in Florida?

• How long was the duration of your stay where you were having the issue?
• Did you have a Rogers cellular phone on it's own data plan working fine connected to AT&T's LTE network?

Moving forward there's two things you can try for next trip:
1 - Replace the SIM card.
2 - Call us from the Florida location to troubleshoot (if needed).

Thanks,
RogersArthur

regg001
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Arthur,

I had a cellular with me (Samsung S6 Edge), it worked flawless wherever i went. The issue was only connecting on LTE with the hotspot. As i said, i never had issue over the previous 3 years of usage. Maybe it's time to replace the little thing by a bran'new one.

I was only asking if it was a known condition (something new with a needed update).

Thanks for the heads up

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @regg001

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We have not seen any known cases of the Netgear 763s having issues with connected devices opening web pages, when using personal hotspot while connected to the LTE network (there are no updates required). Please let us know if you're still having issues during your next trip and if possible reach out to us from the location. 

Your patience is greatly appreciated.
RogersArthur

MLB_MacKinnon
I've Been Around

Rogers Netgear Aircard 763s unable to connect in Africa

Hello.

Looking for assistance trying to connect to one of three cellular carriers Orange, MTN, or Moov.

Can only get temp connection with Moov but no internet access on wifi.

RogersZia

Hi @MLB_MacKinnon,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

It's definitely upsetting when you run into technical issues on a trip out of Canada. There could be several factors that may have caused connection issues like the device, account, SIM card or specific location. Did you try resetting the Netgear Aircard 763s? Were you able to connect your cellular device to the foreign carriers? Did the Aircard previously work on any of the carriers you mentioned?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia