Is this possible

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this possible

If so I am an  idiot ...   Upon returning from vacation abroad  I had enabled my  BB wifi at the airport to scan a few internet pages but forgot to disable it when I got home  hom.

I use roughly 4 MB  of download bandwith per day and I suspect becasue I had my wifi enabled on my BB my daily bandwidth 2x during those days  and I ended up paying 46.50 in overage last monthy.     

is this possible >>??

******* Edit labels ********

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is this possible

And as usual when I called for some type of explanation if this was at all possible , I got the usual " its not our problem"    ..... When I noticed the isssue I tried to buy someband width  protection( insuracne )   only to be told I couldn't unless I purchased a new router 🙂  .. I don;t need speed just bandwidth 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Having your Wi-Fi left on will not affect your bandwidth usage.  Leaving a webpage open that is pulling down some serious data will.

Rather than worrying about the Wi-Fi issue, instead make sure you're always closing your web browser when you're done browsing.  That will save on your bandwidth usage.

Rogers also offers data usage reminders, where they will text you and/or send a message to your browser letting you know when you're at 75% then 100% of your monthly data allowance.  I strongly suggest you look into that.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

I can't see how leaving a web page open   but I don't think I did .. but mabye..  🙂    BTW I closely monitor my account as I have a complex trading ( charting ) package that uses a lot  of bandwidth and I 'm currently pressing against the 95 mb limit.        But really the big issue I had was the fact I could  not buy more bandwith without replacing the router., I just bought  a new router 3 months ago 🙂   .  But thank for the suggestions..