Is there a way to remove the Quick Guide screen before going to the regular Channel Listing Guide?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Is there a way to remove the Quick Guide screen before going to the regular Channel Listing Guide?

A few months ago added a big irritant a few months ago, when the added the silly Quick Guide complete with useless banner ads below the video preview.  Now each time you want to get to the REAL channel guide, you have to press the GUIDE button on the remote twice.  I've never found the Quick Guide useful in anyway, and SETTINGS does not allow me to turn it off.

Has someone found a way to turn off the Quick Guide, so when you press GUIDE it goes to the full channel listing like it used to?

Thanks in advance.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Is there a way to remove the Quick Guide screen before going to the regular Channel Listing Guide?

you can change the guide order, so the original IPG comes up first, but you CANT rid of the **bleep** quick start guide

just go to change guide order and put guide first.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Is there a way to remove the Quick Guide screen before going to the regular Channel Listing Guide?

In the quick start menu go to self service. In there you can change guide order. As Pauly said change the order to guide first.

Unfortunately you will still have quick guide appear if you use the guide button to also exit the guide. If you use the exit button you'll be fine.

I've Been Around

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since this post they have made improvements to the Quick Start guide. for a few months now, i was able to set it to the FAV key on my remote, pretty neat eh

I Plan to Stick Around

Mines the opposite.....I can't get the quick guide no matter what I do......Any suggestions ??

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Which box do you have?

I Plan to Stick Around

it's the Explorer 8642 PVR

I'm a Trusted Contributor

There is no quick guide for that box.

I Plan to Stick Around

@mousetamer wrote:
There is no quick guide for that box.

Well that's weird....when I phoned Rogers they told me to bring in the box and exchange it as it must be defective !!...Not a huge deal although there are a few options in the quick start guide on my other boxes that I find useful.....But Thx.....DD