Is there a dual band modem out yet for Pickering/GTA?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is there a dual band modem out yet for Pickering/GTA?

Having a lot of interference on the 2,4 mz

***edited labels***

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Is there a dual band modem out yet for Pickering/GTA?

None of the gateways provided by rogers, have dual band.  (that i know of, none of them out there, really do)

But interfearance, can become a major problem for some people.

At this point, your best bet would be to put the gateway into bridged mode, and purchase and attach your own dual band router.  This will give you a 5.8mz range as well.

Thanks GDkitty,

I have a dual band router. Can you walk me through it or point me to a url where I can get it set up. I know I go into the rogers router and put it into bridge mode. Then what? Oh and thanks for all your help here in the past : )

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Every router is different.. and unfortunately im not an expert on EVERY one 🙂

PRetty much, once your modem is in bridged mode, it will act just like a regular modem..  from there,  just follow the instructions in the router for setting it up to connect.

From there, its just setting up your security, etc.  Again, each is different.. but you will want to go into the section where you can name and setup your wireless networks.. should give you options for setting up the 5.8 band on part of it.  make sure to name the network name diferent enough that you can recognise it from the 2.4 band on the router

Pretty straight forward. Thank you.

Steve

**bleep**!

My Sony Vaio can't see the 5 band. Only does B & G 2. My Iphone and Ipad can see and use it. I updated all my drivers las night.

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, yeah, you will be limited by the hardware on your device.. you need usualy an N capable device to use this.