cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Rogers My Account Available for Android Phones?

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

Is the Rogers My Account Available for Android Phones? I don’t see it in the Market Place?     

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is the Rogers My Account Available for Android Phones?

RogersErin

Yes, it is, you may need to search the Android Market Place if you cannot find it.                                                 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersErin

Yes, it is, you may need to search the Android Market Place if you cannot find it.                                                 

puleen
I Plan to Stick Around

The App does not work with Android 2.2 and up. What are Rogers' plans on rectifying this issue?

James
I'm a Senior Contributor
I don't believe Rogers has any devices on 2.2, or even 2.1 yet. I'm guessing it would be the same policy they have on "grey" market phones where they don't support issues, or in this case, operating systems not available via Rogers network yet.

Chances are, once 2.1 and 2.2 are supported by Rogers, the app will be updated.

ne14t
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought all Andriod phones are like 1.5 in Canada?

James
I'm a Senior Contributor
Not at all. The X10 is on 1.6 unlike the htc phones. Rumor has it the acer liquid e is getting 2.1 in sept but we'll see

Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor
The Motorola Flipout is running Android 2.1.

Not to mention that most of the Canadian Android applications developers are using Android 2.2 on their Google Nexus One.

Rogers shouldn't wait that Android 2.2 updates are available before updating their apps.
I'm pretty sure they don't wait for the release of the new version of iOS to update the Rogers apps on iOS.

Nerds2You
I Plan to Stick Around

I am using the Nexus One with Android 2.2 and the My Account app works on my phone.  It's a little buggy, the screen sometimes goes blank, but only when I go to the Extreme Text Messaging page on the Services Tab.  I get the same thing when I go to the Extreme Text Messaging web page directly. I can fix it by pressing Menu -> Settings -> and then choosing my preferred language and the screen magically re-appears!

I do agree that Rogers should update all of their apps to be compatible with the latest version of the OS especially with Android since there are many custom ROM's available that allow you to run the latest OS even before their official release by the phones manufacturer.  

bill
I've Been Around

HST Magic comes from Rogers with 2.1 on it with most carriers in the US doing 2.2

It's Rogers who are now slow to pick up the technology.

The My Account that came on the phone did not work but there is one availabel at Market Place from FREE

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation