cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is rogers still forcing new plan on HUP?

Rog85
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone recently did a HUP and was still able to keep grandfather 6GB?

***Edited Labels.***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is rogers still forcing new plan on HUP?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Rog85

Unfortunately if u want to do a upgrade on ur account u must change ur plan to one u of the plans they are offering. You can contact Rogers and see what they can do tho. The stores have no access to do anything.

phatmillips82
I Plan to Stick Around

You only need to change your plan if you want a smartphone - if you want a Smartpick device you can keep that grandfathered 6 gig plan of yours.  You can see Smartpick devices through Rogers.com - otherwise you'll need to switch to a Shareeverything plan.  I would call in to see what plans they have available for you.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello phatmillips82

While that is true most with a 6GB plan will need to change either way unless somehow a rep at Rogers can keep them. As i said call in and see what plans they can offer to the OP an see what they can do for the OP.

phatmillips82
I Plan to Stick Around

I work at a call centre and we have no problems keeping grandfathered priceplans for smartpick devices - its only for smartphones that we have a mandatory shareeverything plan migration

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello phatmillips82

That is correct. Never in my posts did i say that u can't grandfather ur plan to a smartpick device. Either way we are both correct and gave correct answers 🙂
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation