Is it worth upgrading to LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Is it worth upgrading to LTE?

I'm presently running a NetComm 3G hub. Speed tests on those speed test websites come back with an average DL of about 3.0 Mbps (about 400 KB/s). Keep in mind this is average. Actual average speeds are in the 120 - 200 KB/s (sometimes higher, sometimes lower).

This is perfectly adequate for the most part for what I do however there are sometimes I need to DL a HUGE file (about 1G) and access secure sites on the web.

I find quit often the browser hanging "waiting for".. or" connecting to" and of course there's always the network crashes.

I notice that there's a new LTE hub out there with a better pricing plan that I have (new plan is 20G for $75) and I'm wondering if I were to upgrade to the LTE and take that plan , would I notice a decrease in those "waiting for" messages and significant speed increases as well?

BTW- my NetComm is getting a Medium signal with it's stock antenna.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Is it worth upgrading to LTE?

Could you obatain faster speeds potentially with the LTE?  yes.

Bigest question would then be.. HOW is the LTE signal there?

Best bet, would be to get someone with a LTE phone, and have it run some speed tests itself there.. see what the signal and speed is, should give you an idea.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Re: Is it worth upgrading to LTE?

Decided it isn't. I might get faster speeds but only for downloads and the cost is prohibitive ($95 for 10G vs $60 for 10G)