cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to go backwards to the "Old Guide" after upgrading? and:

zx900rrr
I'm Here A Lot

is there any chance I'll get my recordings back?

The upgrade wiped out all my recordings - I can't tell you how many great items I had recorded and was looking forward to....

I am so upset, I want to engage my lawyer to deal with Rogers on this matter. I specifically checked with them twice to make sure everything, including recorded shows would remain after the upgrade. They screwed me again, when will I ever learn? This is the worst company in the world. A bunch of **bleep**.

***Edited labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is it possible to go backwards to the "Old Guide" after upgrading? and:

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only in one or two cases, have i heard of it wiping the recordings when upgrading... MOST people upgraded without a problem and kept the recordings (myself included).  Rolling back, in almost all cases, my understanding is it DOES wipe everything.. so your not going to get stuff back by rolling back.

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Yes it is possible to go back to the old IPG, but your recordings are gone. However, once you accept that you lost them, you may want to keep the new guide. While it has some issues, it is not really all that bad. I use it on my primary TV and now much prefer it to the old one. It took me a few months to get to this point though 🙂

zx900rrr
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your responses, I appreciate it.

I had a nagging feeling that I should not do the upgrade and it was going to cost me my recordings, thus I called tech support TWICE to confirm all would be OK.

Of course it's only television and I should just get over it, but I had so many great items from HDTVO, HDPBS and Discovery etc, that I was looking forward to.

I agree with some others and have to really question what about this new guide is an upgrade of any sort. It's seems extremely clunky, slow and dumb to me. On top of that it doesn't even show as many hours in the window as the old one.

Thanks.

The old guide, would not support many of the new features which they are adding (and some of them, they have to add to keep competative, like the whole home pvr, etc)

HD display might have been part of it.. while i agree it could have been done a little better... try looking at the old guide of a 50+" TV... makes my brain hurt >.< so many pixels.

Its growing, and they will slowly improve / fix stuff at they move on.. almost all of the same functionality is there as before.  Some things may take 2 steps now instead of 1, but other things take 1 step instead of 3.

like the above poster.. it does grow on you as you use it.  Yea there are still frustrating things about it.. but i could make a list on the old guide as well 🙂

zx900rrr
I'm Here A Lot

As an update to this I thought I would let everyone know that a senior tech has advised me, when I called to complain, that doing this upgrade WILL  indeed wipe out all your recordings. So the person who replied saying he's only heard of it happening twice, must have been only hearing from some very lucky people. The tech said anyone doing the upgrade to "enhanced" should expect a complete wipe of their system.

I can only go off what you other people say/post here.

the other 99% of rogers user who DONT post here.. i cant talk on % that were or were not wiped 😛

But only specificaly have heard a few say that they were wiped.  And on those threads, others replying that theirs were not.

Now.. this may have CHANGED as time has gone on..

I had the update 2 days after it first came out.. so a very early version of the new guide (there have been some fixes since pushed)... now it could be, that the NEWER versions when pushed out over the old guide, may have a higher % it now wiping the box compared to when i did it.

But i had one of the tech managers doing the whole home PVR install at my house, again 2 days after it came out, and they said no it shouldnt wipe the box. (but there was always the chance)

Its probably one of those things.. since their is the chance that it will.. SAY it will wipe it.. if it doesnt, they look even better.
Under promise, over deliver.

MT2009
I've Been Here Awhile

My recordings did not get wiped.

Please post the roll-back directions and how to prevent pushes. I have no desire for new updates until they enable Remote TV Manager so I can program the PVR with my droid phone.  It sucks that I can't set manual recording times. What if I just want the first 15 minutes of the grammy's reorded?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To roll back to the OLD guide, you need to call them.. and they will be able to set it up so the old guide installs back.  Again, recordings MIGHT get wiped this way, so be prepared and watch stuff first.

If you have the newer 8642 box, you will not be able to use the manager regardless of the guide you have installed.

As for preventing pushes.. that i know if, its iimpossible.  If you have the new guide, it will update as they make updates.
That was even the case on the old guide my understanding.. though it was fewer and farther between them.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation