Is it ok to delete .ASEC files/folders on SD card after factor reset

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it ok to delete .ASEC files/folders on SD card after factor reset

I need some more room on my SD card and I would like to delete them.

******* Edit lables ********

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is it ok to delete .ASEC files/folders on SD card after factor reset

My understanding is that ASEC files are secure App files, that allow you to install copy-protected apps on your SD card.

I could be wrong on that.

I think if you delete them, you may have functionality issues with certain secured apps. You could try backing them up, and then put them back if you have any issues.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is it ok to delete .ASEC files/folders on SD card after factor reset

I find in general, backing up apps with Android flaky.  there's always a few apps that I dont end up being backed up, especially if not downloaded from the Android Market.

In my case, I did a new install or restore on my S1 and these .asec files were on the SD card. I am not sure if they are in any way dependent on the default apps or the other apps that I did reinstall from my backup directory.

Unfortunately, not much info is out there when it comes to the Android OS. For this reason plus OS fragmentation, and lack of reliability, I have no choice but to get an iPhone 5, assuming it'll have a 4 in screen next year 😉