cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else getting calls from 604 number that turns out to be from Malaysia?

nikki2819
I'm Here A Lot

I received 2 calls on my cell phone in April but since it was not a number that I recognized - I thought I would let it go to voicemail.

When I received my statement - the 2 calls showed up as if I had dialed them and they were to Malaysia even though it is just a 10 digit number starting with the same area code and prefix of my own cell number.

The amounts are really minimal (this time!) But typically got nowhere with customer support but wasting an hour of my time.  Rogers tried to tell me that you would incur the charges if the person with the number was in Malaysia.  Hello, don't you usually receive a message that the call did not go thru as long distance charges would incur.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is anyone else getting calls from 604 number that turns out to be from Malaysia?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Area code 604 serves southwestern British Columbia. Where did you get Malaysia? As for the calling number having the same area code and prefix as you, that's a common trick telemarketers use now to make you think it's someone like a neighbour calling.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Re: Is anyone else getting calls from 604 number that turns out to be from Malaysia?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
you also should not be charged as if you were making a calls if you received them only and let them go to voice mail. were u charged as a domestic call or an international call?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation