Is The Device Reservation Number Local or Nationwide?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is The Device Reservation Number Local or Nationwide?

Like the the title says does anyone know for sure if the device reservation number they see is a local number i.e city or is it provincial or canada wide?

Just wondering so I can make a more acurate guess as if I will get my phone on launch day or not?

Because a lot of peoples numbers have jumped from higher numbers to lower numbers such as mine today

went from 104 on Saturday to 24 today! So does that show a nationwide number or has it been adjusted to provincial or local?

If anybody has info please share and thank you 🙂

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Is The Device Reservation Number Local or Nationwide?

From what rogers reps over at the Roger Red boards. they said its Nationwide.

I have thought something also. Maybe people have just gave up since now they gave out the prices for upgrades & people just pre orders them from somewhere else & they just canceled them from rogers

Rogers reps will just tell you the same thing i said anyways.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

From what I've gathered, it seems to be nationwide and per device. So each separate model of the iPhone 4S will be separate but within a particular model, the number is for all of Rogers. That's the impressions I've gotten in the past few days of reading this board.

The reason the numbers have dropped so much today is probably simply because a lot of people's orders are in progress. For example, I was #24 but now the status switched to "In Progress", which I assume means that my order is being readied for shipment and is thus no longer part of the queue. So however many iPhones Rogers is readying for shipment, that's how many spots up people are going. That's my guess, at least. I doubt that the number change is reflective of people canceling their orders.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

your post actually makes sense of going from 'OPEN' to 'In Progress"

That makes a lot of sense would make sense that 80 or so iPhones were prepped to be shipped and thats why I got bumped up........ but might mean I'll have to wait even longer past launch day for my phone 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

No not really. We have no numbers ( the ones that have the status = In Progress)

you guys are getting our numbers. That is why you guys are dropping low on the # list.

You might be getting the phones either Friday or the next day or so.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sure the numbers will drop between now and Friday. Surely they didn't just receive 80 or so of each model nationwide. The number has to be in the thousands. It takes time to open the skid from the supplier, box them, label them, then scan them or whatever they do to put them in shipping que. I could be wrong, but I doubt they have hundreds of people working in the shipping dept, and each phone has to be prepped individually based on the nature of this program. Whoever is labeling these things surely is going to be putting in some serious OT this week!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm worried about this too. I dropped from 588 down to 425 on Saturday, and since then I've dropped to and am currently at 412 and obviously it's now Wednesday and the phone is being launched on Friday... does this sound like I'll be picking my phone up from my desired pick-up location?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in the 3300 area for the black 16G and I ordered the early evening on the first day. I have dropped over 200 though, I am guessing it is due to cancelations. We'll see.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just checked and moved to 2361 a huge drop. I still don't expect it for awhile.

I've Been Here Awhile

How do you check to see where you are? Rogers says it is on MyRogers, but I can't find it anywhere 😞