Is Rogers internet down?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is Rogers internet down?

Rogers is sooooo generous,

they calculated how long the internet was down and is willing to give me credit of 27 cents ........  WHAT A JOKE !!!

SHAME ON ROGERS.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello caleta

At first reading the title got me happy, then reading your post got me upset and not happy. Its a shame Rogers is doing this :/. They are a multi billion dollar company which is issues like this every single week if not every day. They should have given out a days worth of credit to be honest.

27 cents? That is crazy. That is something I am sure the news and blogs would LOVE to hear and have others comment on. Shame on Rogers indeed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Say an average person pays $60 a month for Internet / by 30 days a month / 24 hours in a day, comes to about 8 cents an hour we pay. So 27 cents is not that far off if what we 'lost' with the outage.

Now, I do agree though, to make amends, they should at least be giving a full days credit, etc

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

As I do agree with you on it, even you said it, they should at least out of goodwill give us a full days credit as they are the ones having issues. Not us. We are suffering with them and they do not seem to care or even give a credit out.. 27 cents is nothing for a credit and if Rogers did that, that would be a slap to the customer..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh i agree, its a slap.

Unfortunately, the users ALWAYS.. and not just with rogers, but many other companies, ISPs and more, always get the short end.

Those lovely ToU/ToS's... pretty much say that they dont guarantee it to begin with, so technicaly they dont have to compensate ANYTHING Smiley Sad

But they should, out of a sign of good will, etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in OTTAWA. My internet was down too. I looked for Rogers' apology notice ,email , or letter. But never found. I believe we customer deserve it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There was a small appology i saw on Facebook.. but thats it Smiley Sad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That apology was given a day after the incident which means nothing to the customers. " We are sorry" Those are the words Rogers ALWAYS uses when something is wrong. Instead of saying " We are at fault & we will credit customers".. Honestly the apology from Rogers means nothing to me anymore.

Funny how they can post it on Facebook but not here eh?
I've Been Around

Smiley MadSmiley Sadmy internet is down in mississauga it went out at 3am i was playing Xbox 1. When will it come back on?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This isnt the best place to ask.. even the rogers people here, are not tech support people.

Best bet to find out, is to call in.  They can hopefuly let you know if there is an outage in the area or something else going on..  and if they dont have any info, you call can at least help REPORT the problem in the area.