Is Rogers Internet down in Toronto?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is Rogers Internet down in Toronto?

Internet keeps dropping here in Kitchener/Waterloo. I've been having the same issue a for a couple of weeks now, new router and a technician came to our apartment. Couldnt fine anything wrong with it, but while the Tech was here and when I call, the internet is connected. hang up and a half hour later it drops again for a few minutes then up again.

Tonight its just horrible. We dont have cable so we stream all our video. Can't even do that tonight. Rogers tech support line is busy too. I was also just over to my sister's place in town. They also have rogers and she was noticing it was down intermittently all week. It's not just me.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks to all those that provided the Google DNS suggestion. It works perfectly for me in Brampton.Its faster than rogers dns for sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

Would you put this DNS address in the IP settings of all the comptuers on your network or just on the router?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Donta, it seems both ways will work.
I've Been Here Awhile

Down in Kitchener, also.  Change you DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.  However, can't get the router connected to airport.  boo.  Wired connection it is.

I've Been Here Awhile

Holy smokes! I have had the same problem over the last couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing.
I've Been Here Awhile

Its simpler if you change the DNS settings to your router so all your computers can pick it up.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not terribly tech smart but was able to change my DNS settings.  Can someone tell me if there's any security/privacy issues with doing so?

I've Been Here Awhile

It's funny how browsing Rogers pages are blazing fast but for everything else, its a crawl... *raises eyebrow*

I Plan to Stick Around

Is everything back up? I seem to be able to buy on ebay again...