Is Rogers Internet down in Toronto?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Is Rogers Internet down in Toronto?

its good to know that this is a widespread problem  and it wasnt just me, ive tried so many troubleshooting options myself (im a techy guy)   thanks for the  DNS suggestion (though i kind of figured that was a possible issue since so many pages  were giving me  DNS errors, shouldve clued into that....... ) was just about to call rogers (even i  cringe at  dealing with them) 

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

changed dns to the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it works fine, actually seems considerably faster if that is possible

question is, is there any reason to change it back or can I keep these dns settings?

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers, or any ISP should seriously consider having an automated message stating something like "We are currently experiencing difficulties with our internet services.  We are aware of the problem and are working to correct it." when something like this happens.  At least this way people wouldn't spend an hour on hold while turning their modems and routers off and checking their internet settings repeatedly, thinking the problem is on their end rather than on the ISP's end.  This would reduce the number of people in the customer support queue. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I was on hold for over one hour!

I've Been Here Awhile

looks like nets back to normal in Kitchener

I'm a Regular

I ALWAYS come here first, I will wait an hour and come here and usually can find out the answers without having to wait for hours on hold or talk to somebody who doesn't understand the problem and keeps telling me to reset the computer, or the modem or whatever then tries to setup an appointment for a technician.  This is always your first...best...stop.

Retired Moderator RogersSarah
Retired Moderator

Internet issues some wireline/wireless customers were experiencing should now be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

— Rogers Sarah M.

I've Been Here Awhile

do we get a one day credit back?

I've Been Here Awhile

yes you do get credit but you have call the rogers business office.

I Plan to Stick Around

Great for you guys in Ontario.  I can't do jack all in Newfoundland now....  Playing D3 then my latency just spiked to 2k.  BUT I can use skype/surf/Chat in game, but I can't play the game.   Stupid rogers.  I think it's time to start self promoting Fibre op to EVERYONE I know.