Is Rogers Ever Going to Compete with IPTV????

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Is Rogers Ever Going to Compete with IPTV????

Just read on a tech blog about the latest addition to a US cable provider of the ability to watch live TV through an iPad app while at home.  The article got me to thinking about how lousy, Rogers TV offerings are, sure they have a lot of channels (if you subscribe to them but that's for another discussion) however the technology that Rogers offers is antiquated.

Bell has already launched FibeTV which is leaps and bounds ahead of Rogers, from whole home PVR functionality (watch something you have recorded on any TV in the house with out needing a PVR in every room)  HD standard for every terminal, not the 16 bucks we have to pay if we want to enjoy HD.  Far and above a much superior user interface on the cable box along with it being faster and more responsive.  These a just a few of the major differences, and in my mind huge defficiences in Rogers TV service

Rogers! When are you going to open your eye's and upgrade our service and technology to compete?  The only thing that has kept me from dumping you is the fact that Bell Fibe is not avaialbe where I am.

Even though you updated your PVRs they are still way behind!

Come on Rogers, it's time for you to try to compete.

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is Rogers Ever Going to Compete with IPTV????

I beleave they are going to be part of xbox tv which i think you could call a form of iptv.

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Is Rogers Ever Going to Compete with IPTV????

unfortunatly that's only going to be Roger's on Demand, basically what you could watch on your computer if you hooked it up to your TV.  You're still going to need the Rogers box etc. for daily TV watching.  While yes, a step in the right direction, it's still way behind current tech.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation