cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NFL Sunday Ticket no longer part of Super Sports Pack?

yaaaa9
I'm Here A Lot

I've read on two Toronto newspaper website articles that a company has bought EXCLUSIVE nfl rights for Canada & that unless you purchase through them chances are your not going to get nfl sunday ticket. is this accurate? is nfl Sunday ticket being removed from the rogers super sports pak? both the star and sun have articles on this and im wondering if i could get some clarification

***Edited Labels***

41 REPLIES 41

Re: Is NFL Sunday Ticket no longer part of Super Sports Pack?

Hello @liammo29,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

I can certainly see your concern and you make a valid point. We‘re still bringing you all the best weekly NFL matchups through your regular cable subscriptions. There are no changes to any NFL games airing on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights. You can also still watch Sunday afternoon games on the same networks as last season. 

You’ll be able to watch most of the games that used to be part of NFL Sunday Ticket with your regular channels and the updated Super Sports Pak. We’ve added the Canadian and United States time-shifting package to give you more games!

Feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps as well, we can take a closer look at some options for you!

For instructions on how our private messaging system works, check out this blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

raiderfan_NFL
I Plan to Stick Around
That doesn't really answer his question. Yes there's still games on regular cable packages, but because the Sports Package is $35.95 a month and no longer carries any NFL games then the price should be lowered. Pretty obvious. NFL Sunday Ticket by far the biggest attraction of the Sports Package.. and now no longer included.. then reduce the cost if most games are gonna be on regular cable. Not worth $35.95.

Majority baseball fans here watch the Blue Jays, which again ALL 162 of their games are televised on Sportsnet ... and for Leafs fans you also get every game on regular cable... (I could care less about the Leafs).... so ya basically no longer need the Sports Package if you not gonna have NFL games and can watch alot MLB,NHL on basic cable.

I no longer have Sunday Ticket as I watch the Jays all season regular cable, and now $20 month for DAZN I don't need the Sports Package for anything. If I did want it still for MLB or NHL then I would expect a lower price after you remove a major part of the package.

xavier_247
I've Been Here Awhile
"Always looking at how we can deliver more value to our customers". It's rather quite simple RogersZia, you lower thr price, add WANTED content or remove the commitment.

Rogers knew about this for months ahead but did a poor job planning. Almost like Rogers wast banking clients won't care enough to complain.

This wait n see reactionary strategy will cause a larger fallout vs Rogers continually communicating to all previous SSP subscribers about the changes and Rogers action plan.

When in doubt, ask you customers. They'll tell you want they want, which would give you more data to make an informed decision.

I did subcribe to see what was available and it was no where near my expectation and now looking to backout.

I switched from Bell to lower services this year for the SSP. Rogers shows approx 2 games in each time slot where Bell on the same package shows 3 so it's disappointing.

xavier_247
I've Been Here Awhile
Hello RogersCilio,

You completely danced around the question with more words than required. That's unfortunately a sign of "we're not sure what will happen or we didn't expect this fallout".

I've been looking around for reactions and it's on social media and other outlets. People understand it's when the NFL sells it's streaming rights away. What we don't understand is how Rogers believes they're giving you more value and would publicly write that on less content?

Shame on folks for thinking their clients are delusional or don't care to this degree. I undersrand you don't make decisions for Rogers but you shouldn't defend what's clearly absent as that doesn't move the chains forward.

Rogers is looking at 3rd and long with many SSP subscribers and I'm hoping they come up big in a play here before folks start asking for trades.

I came back to Rogers for the SSP so you can imagine my disappointment on thr bad news.

raiderfan_NFL
I Plan to Stick Around

NFL apologizes to Canadians for ‘inadequate’ DAZN service

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/09/11/nfl-apologizes-to-canadians-for-inadequate-dazn-service

liammo29
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response but that wasn't my question at all. First off, you say I can get all the 'good' match ups. But that is not a fair statement as I want Saints game which are rarely televised. So no, I can't get all the good match ups.

But my question is simple, the sports pack was 35 a month with NFL, NHL, NBA. It loses NFL, 1/3 of its content, and keeps the price the same. This makes no sense! Like absolutely no sense

Anglefan8
I Plan to Stick Around

yes terrible to charge same

Partheon
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree. Recently they taken off NFL Sunday package from there Super Sports Pak. The price is still same, no reduction. Now i see they have the NFL games on individual Package called FTB  ,which makes no sense at all if I'm paying for the same Price last year without NFL Sunday Package. I feel it's unfair to the consumers, and something needs to be done. They should either reduce the price of the Sports Pak now that NFL Sunday package if off, or show the NFL games on the Super Sports Pak. What is FTB i see NFl games showing on there.

Good day @Partheon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community. 

As a true football fan, I understand you want to have access to all of the NFL games aired.

Good news! NFL Sunday Ticket returned to Rogers yesterday. Smiley Wink

The cost is $129.99 for the rest of the 2017 season. However, playoffs are not included.

NFL Sunday Ticket lets you watch regular season games not shown on cable networks like CTV or TSN.

In previous NFL seasons, it was included with the Super Sports Pak. This season, we are offering it as a standalone package. Here’s what else you need to know:

• You cannot order it through your TV remote control. You must contact Rogers to place the order.
  • Please note that you must have an High Definition set-top box to watch the games. 
  • Games airing on TSN1 – TSN5 are not included in the package.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

raiderfan_NFL
I Plan to Stick Around
RogersMaude,

So why is not included in the Sports Package when it has been part of the Super Sports Package for 10 years or as long as I can remember? Why no longer? And why is the price the same ($35.95) after removing the most popular product ? Doesn't make sense at all.

Hey @Partheon,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As a football fan myself, I can totally appreciate your perspective and input. 

@raiderfan_NFL, We’ve updated our Super Sports Pak to include the Canadian and United States time-shifting package and the NFL Network. You’ll also continue to get  incredible value with things like NHL Centre Ice, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, and more! However, as a fellow customer, I can understand how unexpected changes to a package can leave you feeling upset,  so as previously mentioned in post 22, please feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps so we can see what we can do for you.

Also, the FTB channel range is reserved for our Small Business customers. 

Hope this helps!

RogersCilio

The response from Rogers is a joke, just another way to gouge money from customers. The Sunday Ticket was included in previous years and now that it has been reacquired, should be added back in. Rogers never reduced the price of the package when Sunday Ticket was removed. Time shifting is no sufficient, as it does not offer viewers the ability to watch all the games. This year the amount of US College games available on a Saturday is reduced. Extremely disappointed in Rogers, but that's the level of service I have come to expect from them. Waiting for the minimum monthly requirement to expire and will cancel for good, not worth the money.

johnanthony13
I've Been Around

Been currently on hold with ROGERS for 36 minutes and this lady has no clue what I’m talking about and she doesn’t even know Rogers required the rights back for NFL...if it’s $130 and doesn’t have all the channels in the one area of the guide as a user suggested, that TSN will still have its games and won’t be relisted in SSP then I’m not even gonna bother.

Rogers are you actually serious? You charged $36 last year for SSP and it had NFL, you’re weak attempt to add time shifting channels was not a success, now you are not putting NFL Sunday Ticket back in the SSP???? It’s been there for 10 years?!?! Is this a serious conversation? Like is it 2017 and you guys have lost your minds? I’m officially canceling my cable.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

@johnanthony13

It is a truly appalling and audacious move by rogers. Sunday Ticket  is removed from the Super Sports Pak without any reduction in price.  That in itself, is unacceptable. Now it is being brought back, but with only 7 channels as a standalone package with an added cost of $129.99 and this is supposed to be something exciting offered by rogers. I think not! At the very least, subscribers to the Super Sports Pak should receive Sunday Ticket at no added cost. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did you people read post 32?

Did you try contacting community helps?

Regular CSRs are unlikely to be any help, as we have found out many times on this forum

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

@57

Contacting Community Helps or calling rogers and speaking to a CSR should not be necessary. Sunday ticket was a part of the SSP and then it was removed. The price of the SSP was not reduced even though the value to the customer was reduced big time. Now that rogers is offering Sunday Ticket again, customers who already subscribe to the SSP should not have to pay for it. It should have been a no brainer for rogers. It should have been added at no cost to those customers. Announcing the exciting news that Sunday Ticket is back, but as a stand alone package for $129 to customers who already had this included is appalling!

rwbucs1
I've Been Here Awhile

Neat cash move by Rogers-remove ST from Supersports pack (with of course no reduction in price) then offer Sunday Ticket at a stiff price for remainder of season.

Leaves me with Super sports pack with nothing of interest to me till next spring.

I will be cancelling the supersports pack till baseball resumes and see next year what Rogers offers in it.

If they have any brains they will restore it to what it was-presuming of course as they are so foolish as to lose Sunday ticket rights yet again.

I wd have no issue to pay for a season of MLB extra innings and Sunday ticket separately should that be possible even if it cost me as much or a bit more than the supersports package.

Others might well have different priorities many likely value centre ice more than I do for example

I expect Rogers will be watching churn numbers on this one.

If churn bites changes will be made (if so someone shd be sacked) if not and people keep supersports pack and pay extra for Sunday Ticket that same someone shd get a big bonus.

The market will decide this one.

rwbucs1
I've Been Here Awhile

Apologies should of course have read assuming they are not so foolish as to lose Sunday ticket

Partheon
I Plan to Stick Around

When I signed up, I knew NFL Sunday Ticket was being removed, now they made a new NFL Package and charging price is $129.99 for the whole season. They haven't reduce the price with a big program like NFL Sunday removed.

I subscribed to DAZN so I could get all the football, but there is a problem trying to communicate with their server. Something is happening that redirects me to a page that says the service is not available in my country (Canada.) Because of this I have tried to cancel my subscription but the page keeps timing out and I am asked to recover the webpage. Now I am stuck with a service I cannot watch and no way to get my money back. 

raiderfan_NFL
I Plan to Stick Around
where are you logging in from? Are you using a VPN? Also that would be DAZN problem and Rogers wouldn't be able to help you here or at all. email DAZN support.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats