Is Bold 9790 not supported by Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Is Bold 9790 not supported by Rogers?

I purchased outright a Bold 9790 from Rogers last summer and have not been able to find any support info for it on their web site.  Every other Blackberry model is there except this one.  I get most of my support/updates from other sources but it would be nice to be able to use Rogers' site for some of this.  Anyone else having this problem?

***edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is Bold 9790 not supported by Rogers?

Hi d7walker,

The BB9790 is supported by Rogers as we did carry the device.

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Darrell,

I logged into My Rogers, clicked on support and I still could find nothing for the 9790, only the 9780 and 9700.

Regards

Hi d7walker,

What sort of support are you looking for exactly? 

If you're looking for technical documentation, you can find some great information at their website here: 

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/smartphones/blackberry-bold-9790/get-started.html

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersCorey, let me quickly clarify something.  The OP stated that support was available from other sources (including the link you provided) however getting support directly from Rogers was the original complaint.  Nowhere on the Rogers site can support be found for the phone model in question.  Perhaps it's available over the phone but there is nothing in printed form.

Cheers.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RogersCorey

I have to agree with BillJ. You guys stopped selling the Blackberry Bold 9790. This has been clarified before by Rogers when they sent a email to MobileSyrup. Also when i asked a store yesterday about it, they told me all stores got emails to try & sell all the Bold 9790 inventory & start selling the New Blackberry Z10 & Q10. The only place on the Rogers site i can find the Bold 9790 is on the Red Hot Deals which you can buy the Bold 9790 outright. Contacting Rogers this morning as well has been told that Rogers no longer sells or gives very little support for the 9790. When calling in you can get tech support but online on the Rogers site you get nothing.

Some support may be available but like BillJ said, no where online on the Rogers site does it show it. This is what the OP is talking about.

I've Been Here Awhile

Exactly!! The 8100 and 9000 I used to have are still listed. I've seen the 9790 on Red Hot Deals as well and accessories are still available on Rogers' site. The 9790 is a pretty good phone that Rogers seems to want to forget about.

Any support documentation pertaining to the Blackberry OS7 should be all you need when it comes to the 9790. The difference between the 9780 and 9790 are by and large internal hardware upgrades. They key difference being the touch screen.

We do offer technical support for this device over the phone if the OP were to call in or, alternatively reach out to us over Facebook/Twitter.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RogersCorey

That does not matter tho. Other carriers have manuals & instructions on their websites for ALL devices they carry in past & now. The Bold 9780 & 9790 are not the same & please do not say it is. They may look the same but hardware & OS wise are not the same. Yes keyboard is the same but does not matter. A carrier like Rogers should have had the manual & support on the website like they do with the rest of the devices. S3 & S4 are the same thing but a different hardware & higher OS. Does that mean you will not have the S4 support on the website as well? Calling in will give you reps that either yawn, do not want to help & rarely you will have reps that want to help. Its been said before.

Anyways i suggest you send this as a feedback to head office please.