Iphone locked with rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Iphone locked with rogers

Hi
About a year ago i bought an iphone 4g locked with Rogers on kijiji. Since then I have nt used it with any network. Now If I buy a new rogers connection, will it work with my iphone ?
Thanks

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Iphone locked with rogers

Your phone might have been software unlocked because software unlock is available for earlier iphone basebands. When you update the ios your baseband also gets updated. Its not a good idea to update a locked phone, software unlock phone is not fully unlocked  when you update the ios your phone wil reset to its original locked state and you would need to unlock it again. Unfortunately unlock is not available for phones having latest ios and once your upgrade your phone you cannot downgrade it to your previous version 😞

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes it will. Just get a micro sim card & activate it on your account, & pop it into the iPhone. Once its in the iPhone, it will show ROGERS on the nope with 3G services.

Go to any Rogers plus store or any cellphone shop & buy the micro sim card for $11 with taxes & call Rogers (*611) & ask them to activate the sim card for you. You just need to read the numbers to them & there you go.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

my dad bought iphone 3gs in canada when he was working there. 

but now the is mine, im from Philippines, i updated the firmware from 4.1 to 5.1, what happen was:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4308/simnotvalid.jpg

the phone was unlocked before.....

anyone who knows what to do?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Your phone might have been software unlocked because software unlock is available for earlier iphone basebands. When you update the ios your baseband also gets updated. Its not a good idea to update a locked phone, software unlock phone is not fully unlocked  when you update the ios your phone wil reset to its original locked state and you would need to unlock it again. Unfortunately unlock is not available for phones having latest ios and once your upgrade your phone you cannot downgrade it to your previous version 😞

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I bought an iphone 4s with a contract from rogers two months ago,but the battery cannot  charge now. Can I change one from rogers for free? Thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@binya, if you are still under warranty, which you are, you can always go back to rogers for parts replacement. just call them up or show up in a rogers store to arrange replacement.

@spoxnotdead, kabayan, pa-unlock mo ulit ang phone mo. maraming makakatulong sa u dyan sa pinas... good luck kabayan!