Iphone 5 and Wifi issue??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Iphone 5 and Wifi issue??

@stunnerman

Anything with iPhone warranty, has to be done at the Apple store OR calling Apple. Rogers will tell you the same.
stunnerman
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks....

I'll hold on for a little longer - try out fixes as they come up. Hopefully something will be done to clear this up with an update soon????

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It may come out with a fix on a update but no one will know until it does.
salalone
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having an issue with extreme data usage for no good reason.  Rogers won't hear it, and they say the data usage is valid and that it's mine to pay for.  I'm really frustrated.  I took screen shots of my phone... just by opening and closing the usage page, I had this much data accrue.  Note that I am on wifi and the time stamps.  It doesn't make any sense.  I'm on iPhone 4, using iOS6.

**edited for content**

salalone
I've Been Here Awhile

extreme data usage on iOS6

I have received notices that I am over my data allotment for the month two weeks into the billing cycle.  In 5 years, I've never gone over.  Rogers doesn't acknowledge that there is a problem, but Verizon already has, AT&T users have identified this as a problem, and some Rogers users as well.

I took screen shots of my cellular data usage back to back by opening and closing the page in the Settings app on my phone.  NOte that I am connected to wifi (verifed by concurrently using my laptop on the same connection) and the time stamps on the images.  I can't understand why my data is going up at that rate for no reason:

PHoto of screenshots on flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/punchanella/8044430005/in/photostream/

Has anyone else experienced this?

Phonzo
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: extreme data usage on iOS6

Interesting - I've been reading about it haven't paid much attention myself but will the next few days.
Namelessbond
I've Been Around

I've had huge data use since updating to ios6. After looking online it's the podcaster app. Lots and lots of people have had this issue. I spoke to someone at Rogers today who had no idea what was causing it he seemed like a nice guy and told me the 2 days that used up 2.5gigs of data I only have a 1 gig plan and now owe them a huge amount in over limit fees
salalone
I've Been Here Awhile

i don't even have that app.  i have heard it was a possible problem but i'm not sure it's the only one.

this is so frustrating. 

ribby
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been using iOS 6 for a few months before the release.  I have noticted that my average monthly data usage went from 2gb to 4gb on a iPhone 4S.  Good thing I have the 6gb plan.

I went to the US for a week and was on WiFi and now the data usage counter shows 335 mb in US data roaming even though I was on WiFi.  I now will be waiting for the $2,000 plus roaming charge on my bill.

It looks like when the phone is in Standy mode, it is switching to cellular and maintaining a connection.  Then when it wakes it goes back to WiFi as well as cell data while on wifi.

The problem was apparently fixed on Verizon with carrier file version 13.1 (still needs to be confirmed).  Now people are saying that this is also happening on AT&T which would explain the data roaming in the US while on WiFi.

I called Rogers Tech support and they said that this is not  possible.  I reference the Verizon fix which came out today.  So I will wait and see what happens with Rogers.  Also was in the Apple Store and a customer there was complaining that he blew through his Fido data for the month a couple of days.

This is going to be a big issue if it does not get resolved quickly.  Even after installing the carrier update on Verizon, people had to power cycle the phone.  Most users will not do that properly.

Kaducos
I've Been Around

Re: extreme data usage on iOS6

Hi,

I'm going through the same problem. Estimating a 60% increase in data useage, although my personal usage didn't increase that much.  

I have been communicating with other Rogers users and they are all saying the same thing.