Iphone 4 return/exchange policy.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Iphone 4 return/exchange policy.

Hey everyone, 

2 days ago I purchased a new iPhone 4, and I'm experiencing some problems with the speaker. 

Any calls I've had have been very quiet, even with the volume on at full, I can barely hear anything the other person says. Then today while cleaning my room, I turned the ringer on so I could hear any texts/calls I receive. I noticed the ringer wasn't going off when I was getting texts, so I double checked that the ringer/silent button was in the right position, and it was. I made sure the volume was up, and it was. I went through any settings I could see, and they all seemed right. So I plugged my headphones in, and I could hear all the rings and what not. When I turned the volume up, the screen said I had headphones in, and when I took the headphones out, it acknowledged that I removed the headphones, but I still had no sound. 

So needless to say, I am 100% confident in the fact that my speaker is defective, and not working at all. That's fine, defects in electronics happen. 

I'm just wondering what the return/exchange policy is on the iPhone 4's. Would I be able to bring it back, with all the original packaging and what not, and exchange it for a new one, provided they have one in stock? Or will I have to mail it off. 

It's only been two days, so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do a straight exchange at the store. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Iphone 4 return/exchange policy.

Hi rcampbell,

Sorry to hear you got a bad iphone. The other option you have is to give us a call at 1866-931-3282 so we can ship another out to you. I highly suggest calling and confirming with the Apple store that they have your specific iphone model available for exchange as to not show up there and waste your time (They should be telling you Yes/No to stock).

If your device still has basic functionality I would highly recommend just getting us to ship one to you to avoid hassle, ultimately of course it is up to you.

I hope you get this sorted out.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

You should be able to bring it back for exchange. If you have an apple store near you I would bring it there as they are more likely to have stock and not try to hassle you.. The phone has a 1yr hardware warrantee so i don't see why you would have troubles getting ti exchanged.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Went back to the store, and I couldn't get an exchange. Apple will not let Rogers exchange them, return them, or even look at them once they've left the store. I have to go to an Apple store. 

I live a 3 hour bus ride from my closest Apple retailer, and I have to make an appointment with the genius bar. Called the dealer, and they wouldn't even tell me if they have any in stock. I have to bus out 3 hours for an appointment, and I don't even know if they will have one. If they don't have one, I have to make another 3 hour bus trip, or call apple and get them to send a replacement (Which costs money by the way).

So I just spent $159.99 on the phone, over $60 on a case and screen protection, signed up for a 3 year contract, added a $25 data plan on top of my $45 call plan, and now I have to spend money on transit, and spend around 7 hours of my day, just to exchange a phone that was defective when it was sold to me. If they don't have one in, it's more transit, and another 7 hours of my day. 

I back apple to the bone. I own an ipod, macbook pro, and now an iphone, have converted many friends, and customers at the store I work at to Mac's from Windows/PC's. I'm very disappointed to hear how much of a hassle it's going to be to exchange a phone that they **bleep**ed up on in the first place. Why am I punished for giving apple my business?

So anyways. If you have an iphone 4, or plan on buying one... Your phone is NOT part of the 30 day handset guarantee. If your iphone is defective, you will not be able to even let rogers try and fix it for you, let alone replace it. Be prepared to go to your local apple dealer, or even wait for a phone to be mailed to you, and then mail yours back (Which costs money by the way)

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well there is or should be a remorse period in which you can return and cancel your phone. Then try to get another one..

But man what a pain in the apple...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well there isn't. And yes, it is a huge pain in the apple. 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi rcampbell,

Sorry to hear you got a bad iphone. The other option you have is to give us a call at 1866-931-3282 so we can ship another out to you. I highly suggest calling and confirming with the Apple store that they have your specific iphone model available for exchange as to not show up there and waste your time (They should be telling you Yes/No to stock).

If your device still has basic functionality I would highly recommend just getting us to ship one to you to avoid hassle, ultimately of course it is up to you.

I hope you get this sorted out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

can I call if I want to do HUP as well?

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@scott10699

Yes, please contact Rogers at 1-888-ROGERS1 (764-3771) to enquire about your HUP eligibility as well.

Thanks