Iphone 4 no service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Iphone 4 no service

For more than a week now my iPhone has had no service. It bounces from searching to no service to searching to no service. Everytime I try to use it. Occasionally it will say its connected (show a couple bars of service) but as soon as I try to send a message, or make a call, it still fails. In the past week it has connected twice, for less than a minute, I recieved multiple texts from over the last few days and then it would go back to no service less than a minute later. I have had this problem in multiple places, where I live, (where I've never had service problems before) and all around where my relatives live up in Goderich, even around Toronto and Hamilton. I haven't had a working phone since December 30th 2011 and its a massive pain, especially because my relationship currently is a long distance one and we rely on our cell phones to keep in contact.

I have tried resetting every possible reset option in my iPhone. I have tried restoring and backing up with my old stuff. I have tried restoring and choosing set up as new phone. Now I have an iphone that doesn't work as a phone, and has none of my  information on it either. I have looked at tonnes of rogers and apple forums in the last week and nothing I've done from home has helped yet. I live roughly 45 minutes away from my nearest rogers centre, and I have no vehicle so I'm doing my best to try and fix this myself. 

Side note, from the day I got my iphone 4, I have never had 3g service, it's always been on edge. It has connected on rare occasions to 3g for a few seconds and then gone back to edge. 

Before I get told maybe the area I'm in has bad service, my mother and my brother who are on the same plan as me both get perfect 3g (and 4g because my brother has an android) service all around them and my old phone prior to my iphone also got excellent service all around here. 

If anyone knows what to do or has any idea's please let me know. This has become a major issue and it's caused me quite a few problems with not being able to contact people.

My iphone is also up to date with the newest version of ios, has no physical damage and has been taken great car of. On december 30th I woke up, tried to use it, and it just didn't work anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Iphone 4 no service

First off, I dont have a warranty because I bought my iphone from a refurbishing company. When i contacted them they pretty much said I was out of luck. I ended up calling rogers and refreshing my network. That didn't work. I went in and they looked at it and have me a new sim card. That didn't work either. It stopped working for three weeks in straight in January. Once a week I would get a mass of missed text messages. And the. It would stop working again. I resored it about 4 times factory, and regular and nothing happened. I gave up and was planning on buying a new phone. Then one day at the end of January it just randomly started working again. I still never says 3G but it works perfectly, actually better than it did before and I have no idea why.

Long story short it was broken of three weeks, I tried everything and nothing worked. Then one day it started randomly winding better than before.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I would suggest calling Rogers tech support & seeing if their is any way they can fix it. They are most likely going to refresh the system on your line & see if it starts working. I would also suggest you make a appointment with a Genious person at the Apple Store near you IF Rogers can not fix it. They can either fix the problem OR they will swap your iPhone with another one. Rogers will not be able to swap you a iPhone seeing as the Apple store takes care of the phone problems / swaps not Rogers.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am not sure what is causing the problem. Likely it is your device! I have been having issues with my iphone 4s and I called Rogers and talked to Tech Support! There are two options 1. take it in to a rogers plus store and get a loaner which you have to pay a deposit on and that it will end up being crap like a nokia from 2007. 2. As long as you are under warranty you can do an iphone swap! I just talked to them they will charge a fee of 35.00 and it will be put on your next bill! The swap will come right from Apple! There is also a third option if under warranty is taking it to your nearest Apple Store and get a replacement handset. I am not sure if you are still have issues or not but if you are I hope this helps! If not I hope it helps someone!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

First off, I dont have a warranty because I bought my iphone from a refurbishing company. When i contacted them they pretty much said I was out of luck. I ended up calling rogers and refreshing my network. That didn't work. I went in and they looked at it and have me a new sim card. That didn't work either. It stopped working for three weeks in straight in January. Once a week I would get a mass of missed text messages. And the. It would stop working again. I resored it about 4 times factory, and regular and nothing happened. I gave up and was planning on buying a new phone. Then one day at the end of January it just randomly started working again. I still never says 3G but it works perfectly, actually better than it did before and I have no idea why.

Long story short it was broken of three weeks, I tried everything and nothing worked. Then one day it started randomly winding better than before.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Working* not winding haha autocorrect.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm having the same problem. iPhone reception stinks and it keeps dropping calls for me. I've contacted Rogers several times to determine if it was on their side. They refreshed their networks and I'm still having the same probelm. So I switched over to my old blackberry and it has 4 full bars. I don't know what to tell you except I'm switching to a different phone ASAP. Can't take these low bars from my iPhone 4.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I too, have been having problems with my iphone 4 reception. I'm in Ottawa and in an area that apprarently should have no problems connecting to the rogers towers. I thought it was my phone but my wife also has and iphone 4 and reception is just as bad when we are home.

Reception with Rogers has been getting worse lately.

One more year to go before I move back to Bell. At least they have better reception.

CR.