Iphone 4 and mms messages dont work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Archie_rob
I'm Here A Lot

Iphone 4 and mms messages dont work

My wife has an iphone 4. We dont have a data plan, because she just uses the wifi at home and work. So the issue is that text messaging works fine for both me and her (i have a non-smartphone) and picture/video messaging works fine for me. However when i send her a picture message it doesnt go through on her iphone. The only picture messages she recieves are from another iphone through imessage. Again we have data turned off on the iphone, and want to know if there is a way to recieve picture/video messages (mms) from non iphones.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Rob

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Iphone 4 and mms messages dont work

Its sorta one of those catch 22's with a smartphone.. if you DONT have a data plan (as they are designed for it).

A regular phone, which can do MMS, often with those plans, have unlimited MMS, etc.
Those phones, DO have a data plan actualy for them.. allowing a bit of data for things like MMS.  Data as a whole runs differently on them. (forget the name.. there is a term for it.. its a different type of network).

A smartphone though.. even with a unlimited MMS plan.. needs data.  The phones, i guess, are designed to do the MMS data, through the regular data network. (now. with an unlimited MMS plan, it knows that those pieces of data are MMS, so then doesnt count that data towards your limit)

Thats at least my understanding about it..  Someone feel free to correct me if i am wrong 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Iphone 4 and mms messages dont work

Its sorta one of those catch 22's with a smartphone.. if you DONT have a data plan (as they are designed for it).

A regular phone, which can do MMS, often with those plans, have unlimited MMS, etc.
Those phones, DO have a data plan actualy for them.. allowing a bit of data for things like MMS.  Data as a whole runs differently on them. (forget the name.. there is a term for it.. its a different type of network).

A smartphone though.. even with a unlimited MMS plan.. needs data.  The phones, i guess, are designed to do the MMS data, through the regular data network. (now. with an unlimited MMS plan, it knows that those pieces of data are MMS, so then doesnt count that data towards your limit)

Thats at least my understanding about it..  Someone feel free to correct me if i am wrong 🙂

View solution in original post