Ipad data roaming charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ipad data roaming charges

I went to the UK for a couple of days with my Ipad. I just got the bill with a rate of 3c per KB for data roaming, that's $30 per MB. Anyone know where the rates are published for Ipad as I can't find any info on the net or the Rogers web site for that matter.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ipad data roaming charges

This should be in the plan details, when you signed up for whatever plan you did for your ipad.

The only link on the site that didnt say 'standard roaming charges will apply' was this one.

LINK

while is says IM, it would apply then for any data..

I've Been Here Awhile

Well that's interesting as the lady i spoke to on the ohone informed me the charge was from the network provider in the UK, then offers me a reduction that made me think it wasn't.

Q. What are the charges applied if I use IM abroad (outside Canada

• Standard roaming charges apply in addition to the IM plan (or pay-per-use) the user is subscribed to.

Note: When roaming outside of Canada additional standard data roaming charges apply (3¢/KB).

Well found as I couldn't find this despite looking.

Anyone else been stung?

I'm a Senior Advisor

iPad's are not locked to the carrier, next time stop by an O2 store and pick up a local sim card and a local plan.. Much Much cheaper.. I think I paid 10lbs for 500MB last time and that included the sim card.
I'm a Senior Advisor

From google "Data transmission charges of 3¢/kB apply when roaming (1¢/kB in the U.S.). " from http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%... though i cant find it on the page easily...
I'm a Senior Advisor

Found it under Travel -> Data Usage

Data Usage
DATA USAGE ON SMARTPHONES In the U.S.:
You can use applications that use data from your Web-enabled wireless device.
For customers who have domestic Data Plans, data roaming in the U.S., Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands is $0.006 per KB, or approximately $6 per MB.
If you subscribe to a Flex Rate domestic data plan, the U. S. data roaming is only $0.003 per KB, or approximately $3 per MB.
For international destinations:
For Data usage to work, a network in the destination area needs to support GPRS data roaming to see if GPRS roaming is supported for your destination.
Data roaming for all international destinations is $0.03 per KB.
Learn more about estimated costs for select services based on your device and roaming destination. DATA USAGE ON PHONES AND QUICK MESSAGING PHONES For phones and anyone using a device with or without a data plan, the Data roaming charge is $0.03 per kB for all services in any country. Learn more about the estimates of how much various services would cost to use at $0.03 per kB. Learn more about estimated costs for other services, regardless of the type of device you are roaming with. SERVICES THAT WE SUGGEST YOU REFRAIN FROM USING WHILE ROAMING Some services can be quite costly to use while roaming, so we suggest you do not use these services when travelling outside the Rogers Wireless Network. Learn more about these services.
I've Been Here Awhile

International data on Bell is $8/mb.  Rogers is $30/mb.  Why is Rogers 375% higher?  (similar higher prices for international data, even when purchasing travel packs)

I'm a Senior Advisor

Why would you ever pay for data roaming on an iPad? The iPad is unlocked you can get get a local plan wherever you happen to be and not worry about paying ridiculous prices per MB.. Unless you are in North Korea where the price is high anyways.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello seh

Chris is correct. Why not just get a international Sim card with data on it instead of using Rogers roaming data packages? The iPad is fully unlocked so you can use it with any carrier you want too!.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At least for the US, they have now changed the data.. to 7.99/50mb

But overall, if you are using it alot.. like they said, best to get a sim for there. (or just turn it off alltogether and only use on wifi, etc 🙂

****Updated Solution****

Rogers now also has a $9.99/10MB a day for Europe/Asia/Africa. Please see the link below for more travel pack details

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/add-ons#/travel

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation