Ipad Data Plan in Android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Ipad Data Plan in Android

I Cant find any information on this, but can one use the Ipad Flex Data plan in an android device for teh same price? i tested my friend's ipad data plan in mine and it works, but i was wondering if it would entail any sort of fee since its "not an ipad"

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Ipad Data Plan in Android

Hello dragon-fly

Yes it will work just fine without any issues. Those plans are just called iPad plans. They are fine to work with any tablet. Actually i am using a iPad flex data plan on my BlackBerry playbook 4G LTE & on my Samsung Galaxy tablet.
I'm Here A Lot

love you for the very quick reply. thanks. now i can rest assured and leave the plan enabled in my note 2.

too bad my other "dual sim" phablet is too slow and only 3g 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dragon-fly

You are welcome!.

This data plan will ONLY work for a Tablet tho. Not a phone. So if you want to use this data package on a tablet, then any tablet which takes a sim card will work with it. Just the name is iPad as it was out for it but the data plan works for any other tablet.
I'm Here A Lot

hmmm but im not sure i follow.

i have a samsung galaxy note 2 and the LTE Plan is working on it. can i assume it will continue working or must i assume that rogers want the "ipad data plan" only on "tablets"?

because if its for voice, i use my note 2 as a tablet, and dont need/use the voice capabilities. i carry around 2 "Phablets" for this reason.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dragon-fly

The Galaxy Note 2 is a phone. If you want to use it as a phone, you need to get a voice & data plan. Now if you want to use the Galaxy Note 2 as a tablet without calling features, then just pop in the sim card with just data on it & you should be fine as long as you do not make phone calls on it because it will charge you for it.

I'm Here A Lot

thanks. i cant find any related notes to charges for the voice component anywhere on the website, i assumed it would simply not connect and have not tried calling.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dragon-fly

It will block it as you are just using a data plan. Now if you get the iPad data package, it will block the calls for sure as i have tried it on my phone just now & it would not let me make a call.

So you are safe for that 🙂