Internet usage tool.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gemcee
I've Been Here Awhile

Internet usage tool.

I recently realized that I should have had a password on my wireless internet. My 60 gigs were being fully used yet I rarely use the computer. Ok, my bad.  The rep told me he out a password on the wireless and I could check my usage online.  I have been unable  to see my usage, it states that it is unavaiable. Is this common?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Internet usage tool.

Hi jungg and gemcee,

A thread regarding this issue has been discussed here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/32

If you have any issues with the Internet usage tool on Rogers.com, please feel free to contact Rogers.com E-care at 1-888-764-3771 to discuss this issue further.

Thanks!
RR

View solution in original post

All Replies
jungg
I'm Here A Lot

Hello Guys,

How can we solve this problem?

On Tuesday, I posted that the rogers usage checking system has problems.

As I mentioned, the internet usage was over the limit on Tuesday, so I intentionally didn't use the internet. I only

checked my emails and browsed a few news from the internet at home. I never donwloaded any files. BUT THE

DONWLOAD USAGE ON WEDNESDAY IS 2,784 MB !!!   I'm sure again that the rogers usage checking system has a big

problems !!

They say that somebody use my internet line but it's wrong. Because the usage is abnormal, I've changed the old

router and set new password on the new router. I've even disconnected the internet line when I was out of the house.

The Rogers internet is under terribly big problems. PLEASE, SOMEONE WHO HAS SAME PROBLEMS POST YOUR

SITUATION TO SOLVE THE ROGERS PROBLEMS. Rogers will never agree that their system has the problems. They

only will say that somebody steal your internet line.

Looking forward you guys' posting.

Thank you.

FYI, this is the current abnormal usage.

total usage (MB)
  October       06, 2010     2,878
  October       05, 2010     142
  October       04, 2010     15,738
  October       03, 2010     24,822
  October       02, 2010     2,192
  October       01, 2010     13,985
  September 30, 2010     207
  September 29, 2010     4,596
  September 28, 2010     856
  September 27, 2010     363
  September 26, 2010     534
  September 25, 2010     576
  September 24, 2010     851
  September 23, 2010     752

RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi jungg and gemcee,

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/32

If you have any issues with the Internet usage tool on Rogers.com, please feel free to contact Rogers.com E-care at 1-888-764-3771 to discuss this issue further.

Thanks!
RR

View solution in original post

the_rowdies
I'm Here A Lot

Although you have mentionned possible ways that their bandwidth could be leaked from, you have not really solved the issue.

@    RogersReggie wrote:

That thread does not discuss the issue of a person's usage being unavailable.

@    gemcc wrote:
    I have been unable  to see my usage, it states that it is unavaiable. Is this common?

I don't think that someone's usage being unavailable is normal.

I wouldn't know, but if you happen to have a solution to that, it should be posted here as well. Or rather, instead.

Netbug
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hey, the_rowdies 

I'm the first to admit that the usage viewer on the rogers.com website can give trouble, however the viewer that we use when checking when you call in has never encountered an error for me yet.

That said, if you still think the usage isn't correct, what I'd recommend is to either hook up a single computer directo the the modem (call in and swap it to bridge mode if you're running an SMC Gateway) and leave it like that for one full 24 hour period (midnight to midnight). Use your own bandwidth monitor and then after that period compare it with what you see online (or what we can tell you over the phone). If you're using your own router, and you're comfortable with its operation, you may want to look into Tomato or DDT as both of those (to my understanding) have the capability of directly monitoring bandwidth.

And believe me, I know what usage penalties are like. I go over by a minimum of 50GB every month. 🙂

hpeterson
I've Been Around

I just got my rocket hub and wondered if you shut the hub off when you are not using internet.
skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@hpeterson:

I never shut off my RocketHub.  Of course, my RocketHub provides me with home phone as well.  It would leave me without phone service if I shut it off.

skinorth

skynet1972
I've Been Around

yes, i'm getting the same error and can't get a 'usage' update from Rogers.....ever since i exceeded the 60GB cap, i've been having problems with Rogers......they don't like customers downloading a lot of files?

If they don't fix this matter, i will cancel my cable to off set their rediculous over charge of internet charges!!!!

Difficult to get anybody from Rogers to fix this issue!!

truth123truth
I've Been Around

can't see my internet usage

please help

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For anyone that is trying to view the usage.. i have never once had a problem.

But i am also viewing it via IE8 or 9, with flash, java, etc enabled.

This MAY be a browser issue, especialy if you have addblock or something enabled say on FireFox... could be blocking part of the java or flash that the page is using.

-----

Not sure 100% of the forum etiquite on this.. but from my personal experience.. while this thread may have the same topic as yours.. since its well over a year old from its original post date.. SOME of the information contained within, MAY be out of date now and changed.  Might be best to start your own new thread next time? 🙂