Internet sharing problem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niteskye
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet sharing problem?

Jonofezz:
- those on 8779 have flashed to it manually
- the hard reset for 8773 seems to fix those people who updated and then had internet connection sharing break
- you lose everything on your phone. It is a do-over. Make sure you sync first with Zune and check carefully for anything else you need. There is an app called reinstaller that makes it faster to reinstall your apps
niteskye
I Plan to Stick Around

Jonofezz, I should add that the hard reset doesn't change your firmware. The only way to 8779 currently is to manually flash. Presumably Rogers updates the rest of us. There are no known new features in 8779, so if your internet connection sharing is working, hang tight.
jonofezz
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the replies.

The thing that bugs me here is that we need to full reset for stuff to be working again. That's not cool. I might as well just flash to 8779 to match the firmware. Somewhere on Rogers end, the ball was dropped. Really not cool as so far my Windows Phone experiences have been fairly great, other than Rogers issues.

JF