Internet sharing problem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
disolitude
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Internet sharing problem?

^

Thanks. I'll wait for this update and see what it does and then I'll call tech support with any outstanding issues...

RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else still having issue with tethering after the update? My feature is hit and miss. Sometimes activates and sometimes dies not. Get an error msg "....not allowed at this time".

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

two things we are hearing and please take look at the 'post update testing thread' 

- you need to call and explicitly tell the tech support guy to 'enable' tethering option 

- you may need LTE Data Plan .. 

Try the first option 

dr_fowler
I Plan to Stick Around

- you need to call and explicitly tell the tech support guy to 'enable' tethering option 

I had this already as I was tethering prior to getting the Lumia, so there is something different with how the Lumia detects your data plan to previous Windows Phone devices.

- you may need LTE Data Plan .. 

This fixed it for me, but a comparable LTE plan may or may not be available to everyone.  It should work on a non-LTE plan but it certainly appears that the Lumia is looking for a LTE. 

RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there, you seem to be the only recieving the same error message as I - Internet Sharing isn't currently allowed.  I have an LTE plan, have had my SIM settings refreshed multiple times, have called Nokia and Rogers tons of times.  I can get the Internet sharing to connect and work if I set the Data speed to 3G.  Mind you this is 100% all the time either.  99%. Then sometimes when i do connect and successful turn on internet sharing i can surf and others times i cannot.

Is your phone working 100% correctly all the time now?  Are you able to turn on Internet sharing 100% regardless of the connection speed or the number of signal bars?  does your connection allow Interent Access?

Worndering if i have a bummed device.

thank you.

Spock_Lebanon
I'm Here A Lot

I had an issue whereby I couldn't tether (share) via an LTE connection.  It would only work in 3G (4G).  I called up Rogers and the issue was on their end so they did what they had to do and then, eureka, my LTE tethering started to work,  I had to simply turn off the phone for 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Been surfing away at LTE speeds for that past week now since that fix...

The issue isn't the Lumia.  Its Rogers just not knowing what the **bleep** they are doing yet when it comes to LTE Windoed phones.  The iPhone must have fried their brains,

Hopefully we can be done the iPhone is #1 nonesense once and for all.  Its a good phone but its not #1.  No phone is really #1...

ontreg
I'm Here A Lot

I have exactly the same problem. No tethering in LTE but if I back it off to 3G works like a charm. I called "technical support" and the advice was to download a third party tethering app from the marketplace. The CSR was unable to name the app. Good grief. I quoted this message about successful resolution of the LTE tethering and was met with a wall of silence. 

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get "real" technical support from Rogers and successfully resolve this issue I would be grateful. 

Spock_Lebanon
I'm Here A Lot

Go what I did.  Call them and **bleep** about it.

They will transfer it to Level 2 and it will take 3-5 days.  In my case it took 3.  Business Days.... 🙂

Good Luck!

plettb
I'm Here A Lot

RealtorTechGuy, I'm in the same boat, with the same problem and having called Rogers numerous times.  I can SOMETIMES get it to work on 3G, but even when it connects it's extremely slow.

My issue has been raised, and I'm still waiting for a call from Rogers, but my frustration level is growing.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Please welcome me to the same issue !!! 😞 .. Everything worked fine and today i got switched to LTE 6GB Data Sharing Plan .. and Boom not working on LTE .. On third Tech Support Call. Its atleast connecting on 3G and 4G

** UPDATE**

Tech was good, worked along with Second leval tech support and found its a provisioning issue. case created and i should be able to get an answer in 72hrs