Internet sharing problem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet sharing problem?

So after three weeks of dealing with Rogers on this issue, it turns out for the past 4 hours I have lost data completely!  been on the phone with a manager for now 1 hours.  They think FINALLY I need a new device. Turns out that what I had asked them for 3 weeks ago they finally are going to try. BUT they tell me they will ship me a phone.

ABSOLUTLEY not.  If I was a cartoon charector there would be steam coming out of my ears and fire from my mounth!

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@RealtorTechGuy wrote:

So after three weeks of dealing with Rogers on this issue, it turns out for the past 4 hours I have lost data completely!  been on the phone with a manager for now 1 hours.  They think FINALLY I need a new device. Turns out that what I had asked them for 3 weeks ago they finally are going to try. BUT they tell me they will ship me a phone.

ABSOLUTLEY not.  If I was a cartoon charector there would be steam coming out of my ears and fire from my mounth!

Are you serious ? how is that possible ? its working on 3G and 4G for sharing .. regular LTE DATA works too right ? 

I am still on hold ..

2hrs now .. 

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Got it !!!!

After 4hrs on call... Started with customer care and then technical support and about 3hrs with technical support and then the technical support handed me over to loyalty dept. Tier one loyalty was not able to make the change and loyalty manager made the change.

first of all my heart full thanks to technical support person named Leah as she was with me for full 2hrs... she will put me in hold and will go talk to customer care, again level two support, again supervisors !!! Rather bouncing me back and forth, she did all the investigation on behalf of me !!! I am with Rogers for two cable accounts, one home phone, one high speed, and wireless. I often call for various issues but I never met a person like Leah !!!

Secondly, the loyalty manager named Marcus !!! He solved the one month puzzle. I even took him to this thread. He even read few posts. Number one in customer service.

I would like to thank Marcus and Leah !!! You two went way beyond for your service. I am really happy that I signed a contract with Rogers !!

Once again thanks !!!!

lucho1970
I've Been Around

Was there actually a solutoin to this?

I too talked to support and I thought the problem was fixed, unfortunately it isn't a permanent fix. The internet sharing only works if I restart my device. Then it only works for a while then suddenly I lose connection of the device that is using the hotspot. The Lumia still says that it is sharing the connection. If I stop the sharing and try to restart it, I get the error that "Internet sharing isn't currently allowed"

So I restart it, and try again and it seemd to work for a while again.

Sometimes even though it does seem to work on the Lumia, the device that connects to it cannot get any internet pages. So although they can connect to it, they don't get internet access.

Is this a problem with my device specifically? Maybe I need to have it replaced.

niteskye
I Plan to Stick Around

I "fixed" this problem pre-tango by switching to the LTE network... the feature didn't work on 4G, and then started working as soon as I switched onto LTE.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

one of the updates of tango is related to internet sharing so my new device with tango is not having any issues .. i am mostly on LTE areas .. 

iceman153
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI Guys, if you're having internet sharing issues with a lumia 900 (I was with the latest tango update 8779 and latest firmware), try removing any APN settings in settings -> cellular, and the go download nokias Network Setup app from the marketplace.  It will autodetect that you're on rogers and configure both MMS and Internet APN's automatically. After doing just this step my internet sharing started working again.  I have a feeling it was giving the no connection available to share message as either the Internet or MMS APN's weren't configured from the SIM at first load for some reason.

niteskye
I Plan to Stick Around

Iceman, I tried your plan but I can't download the network setting app. Looking into it, at the end of this crazy thread you mention needing a US live account to download the app. Which I think you say requires another hard reset... but that reset itself might fix the problem anyway. I'm still looking for a solution that doesn't require a hard reset.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-900-MMS-Settings-Where-is-Network-Pof...
niteskye
I Plan to Stick Around

@niteskye wrote:
Iceman, I tried your plan but I can't download the network setting app. Looking into it, at the end of this crazy thread you mention needing a US live account to download the app. Which I think you say requires another hard reset... but that reset itself might fix the problem anyway. I'm still looking for a solution that doesn't require a hard reset.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-900-MMS-Settings-Where-is-Network-Pof...

To close this off -> I did a hard reset and Internet connection sharing with 8773 started working.

jonofezz
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm stuck on 8773 for some reason. Why do some Rogers people have 8779 and some have 8773?

What did you have to do with the hard reset? What needed to be backed up? What did you lose?

JF