cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet sharing problem?

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

I just bought lumia 900 today and I found out I can't use the internet tethering feature.

When I am in Setting>Internet Sharing, I press "On", it will say:"internet sharing isn't currently allowed".

Do anyone else have the same problem like mine? Anyone have a clue about it?

I can use my iphone to tethering, but not lumia 900......

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internet sharing problem?

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@liushuofeng wrote:

does that mean we need to get a new lte plan in order to get the tethering feature... it doesn't make much sense...

Call them up and they have to convert you to LTE plan.. Read the other forums ( andriod .. where that was suggested )

View solution in original post

82 REPLIES 82

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

I dont have the issue. is ur wifi and data working fine ? 

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't say I ran into this.  Sorry. 

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you using lumia 900 as well?

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no problem with my wifi and data at all

dr_fowler
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having the same problem.  I picked up the the Lumia 900 yesterday and I haven't been able to get Internet Sharing to work yet.  Data and WiFi work fine on their own however.  I had previously used Internet Sharing on my Samsung Focus, but I hadn't tried it since January.

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank God~ I finally find the people have the same problem as me...  I just tired to contact rogers and nokia today... But they seems don't have solution for this yet...

araas88
I'm Here A Lot

I to am having this issue, and i also have the 6GB data plan. Like aanother poster i was using my focus to tehter perfectly right up untill i got the lumia 900 :s

dr_fowler
I Plan to Stick Around

What did Rogers say when you contacted them?  I was going to call them tonight after work to see if there was anything missing on my account.

araas88
I'm Here A Lot

i havnt had a chance, i plan to call some time this evening but as of right now i am at work and this is complete BS on rogers end..........

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Guess if you read the other threads, you wll get to know that they are some difference in normal data plan and LTE Data Plan .. you need to go to a rogers store and get this sorted out. In my  " my account " page in "My rogers web app" i am seeing LTE Data Plan !!!. Please go to a rogers store. 

dr_fowler
I Plan to Stick Around

But there is no need for an LTE plan to use Internet Sharing (WiFi tethering).  The only "official" requirment from Rogers is that you have a data plan of at least 1GB, and I have a 6GB plan so I should be fine.  On my monthly bill I even have a tethering item on it with a charge of $0.00 so it appears to be on my account in some capacity... it just isn't working with the Lumia 900 out of the box for me (and others it seems).

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to the Rogers Plus Store, I go through this thing with the dealer for 3 hours... The dealer also called rogers a couple times... We tried so many different method to try to make it work, for example: switch a new sim card, switch some one else's sim card into it, tried to put the sim card into a new lumia 900, check if there is something wrong with my line... But none of them worked...  I think Rogers doesn't get a clue about it, too. I also called Nokia Canada. But they just kicked the ball to rogers again.... I am really frustrate about the experience with lumia 900 and I returned it today... 

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine was a new setup ... i had voice only plan .. so the whole data plan is new for me. i didnt have any issues.. i also added ltemobile.apn under edit apn button .. dont know if that helps .. 

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

What plan do you have? I heard the dealer say MY5 or MY10 plan "may" conflict with the hotpot function...

araas88
I'm Here A Lot

Mayoo, what were the settings you used to set up thr ltemobile.apn?

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a Lumia 900 with a new LTE service. 

I was able to tether my Touchpad running android through my phone and do an LTE speed test. 

Incidentally, got 7.8Mbp down and 6.5 up.

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

does that mean we need to get a new lte plan in order to get the tethering feature... it doesn't make much sense...

araas88
I'm Here A Lot

we shouldnt ahve to have a LTE plan becuase there are very few LTE spots in canada. I live in a large city in ontario and we still dont have it here

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

I mean we need to activate a new data plan in order to do the tethering... since two people who said they got it worked are all activated a new data plan. They all didn't have a data plan before they get a lumia right?

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

im just guessing........

Topic Stats