Internet sharing problem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet sharing problem?

I just bought lumia 900 today and I found out I can't use the internet tethering feature.

When I am in Setting>Internet Sharing, I press "On", it will say:"internet sharing isn't currently allowed".

Do anyone else have the same problem like mine? Anyone have a clue about it?

I can use my iphone to tethering, but not lumia 900......

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet sharing problem?

@liushuofeng wrote:

does that mean we need to get a new lte plan in order to get the tethering feature... it doesn't make much sense...

Call them up and they have to convert you to LTE plan.. Read the other forums ( andriod .. where that was suggested )

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I dont have the issue. is ur wifi and data working fine ? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't say I ran into this.  Sorry. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you using lumia 900 as well?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no problem with my wifi and data at all

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having the same problem.  I picked up the the Lumia 900 yesterday and I haven't been able to get Internet Sharing to work yet.  Data and WiFi work fine on their own however.  I had previously used Internet Sharing on my Samsung Focus, but I hadn't tried it since January.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank God~ I finally find the people have the same problem as me...  I just tired to contact rogers and nokia today... But they seems don't have solution for this yet...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I to am having this issue, and i also have the 6GB data plan. Like aanother poster i was using my focus to tehter perfectly right up untill i got the lumia 900 :s

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What did Rogers say when you contacted them?  I was going to call them tonight after work to see if there was anything missing on my account.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i havnt had a chance, i plan to call some time this evening but as of right now i am at work and this is complete BS on rogers end..........