Internet outage - m4j

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Internet outage - m4j

Outage in this area... Could be two days to fix this?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Internet outage - m4j

Hello Russjeff

Which area are you in? Also have you tried calling Rogers to see if that area does indeed havea outage & not just your services?

I would suggest calling in & finding out. Sadly There is no way to give a ETA.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All depends on the outage. If someone dug up a major data cable or something, etc.

Calling is the best bet, if it's been reported. And if it hasn't it will help report it.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Sadly, CALLING IN and WAITING for 2 hours ON HOLD (reported) is NOT an option for those of us with an ACTUAL life. It's also QUESTIONABLE advice in the face of  Rogers CURRENT tech support issues. The OP did the right thing posting HERE.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hogwash

No one said the OP did not do the right thing... Posting it on here is great & helpfull for others having the same issue in the same area BUT Rogers does not come on here & give you a ETA or anything. I am sure you know this & seen it...

People call in, leave it on Speaker ( If their home phone or cellphone has it) & wait. If you do NOT want to call in, go to your local Rogers store & ask them... They also have a call back feature now. I called in many times within the past 2 weeks, pressed 1 when the voice told me to do it & they called me within 30 minutes ( Busy time i guess).

Sadly Rogers does NOT have a page YET for outages like this. They will soon hopefully tho.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Sadly Rogers does NOT have a page YET for outages like this. They will soon hopefully tho.

Agreed. Just like your IdeaBox suggestion that has YET to be acted upon. (I made a similar request but STRANGELY it has DISAPPEARED. Hmmmmmmmmmmm Wonder where it went LOL)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is not a tech reporting board, the people here, even the reps can not really do anything.

The people that need to be reached, even just to report, are via phone or web chat for some.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:
This is not a tech reporting board, the people here, even the reps can not really do anything.

The people that need to be reached, even just to report, are via phone or web chat for some.

I hear ya. Just sayin' it's a complete and total waste of time trying to talk to Rogers.

A- Phone times are Loooooooong

B-The reps aint got a clue about pretty much anything and they get in a huff when you tell them they're mistaken.

C- Even when Rogers knows there's an issue they try to hide the fact and try to blame the customer's equipment.

IMHO The ONLY Rogers team that does an EXCELLENT job is Retail Fulfillment. They truly are good at what they do.