Internet outage east Beaches Toronto

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Internet outage east Beaches Toronto

Any one else experiencing it? Frustrated beyond belief. it's been down for hours now. Getting no ETA from Rogers.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Internet outage east Beaches Toronto

We're in North York and ours has been out for hours as well, since about 10:00 this morning. It comes up for a few minutes at a time, then down again. I couldn't work because my VPN kept going down. I know our whole condo building is out. I wonder how many other buildings are affected?

Wish we knew when it will be back!!

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

London has been having problems for a week now with on again off again internet connectivity.  They deny there is a problem of course and blame the users machine or connection or whatever.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i've just got off o live chat, I'm the in the beaches and it's been over 14 hours, everything is down, internet, cable and home phone, I have a business and I'm going to change next week, tecksavvy is cheaper for internet and wind is cheaper for cell phone, I'm not putting myself in this position again.  No-one on live chat seems to know what's going on or could tell me when it would be back on except that Rogers has 24 hours to fix a problem.  Live chat didn't know when or why.  I'll be changing services shortly, maybe will keep them for cable as it's not as important a service as internet and phone.  It literally shuts down a business with no warning, not acceptable that they don't have any information, why put them on live chat or on the phones when they can't answer questions.  I guess they'll have to have executive meetings to figure that one out.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I definitely sympathize.  I'd like to point out that if Rogers services are down for a physical problem, then TekSavvy over Rogers Cable System will also have a problem.  It depends on the nature of the problem itself, but I suspect that you would see the same for both companies.  One of the major problem areas and sore points in the large ISP and TPIA relationship in Canada is tech support.  The TPIAs have to raise a ticket with the supporting ISP to resolve a tech issue.  In terms of resolving individual issues, that can slow down the whole process down by days.   If you take a read thru the forums for the TPIAs you will see that this is a common complaint.  So, this might be some food for thought.  Fwiw.....

I'm not familiar with Business accounts, hopefully someone else can chime in here, but that might be something worth looking at in terms of tech support if your running a business. 

It might be worth sending a private message to @CommunityHelps which is the group address for the mods, and ask them to determine what the problem is and when a resolution is expected. They are gone for the night I suspect, but I'd send a message, with account info and location to see what they can find out.  They can contact the required staff for updates in situations such as this.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Again, this is not helpful.    the simple question is 

a) what is the problem and b) when do we expect it to be fixed.

I see you're not an employee but you are obviously doing their public relations.  we all know that problems occur -  what information is given at the time of a problem and an expected time to fix it seems to me a reasonable expectation.  obviously no-one seems to know .l....................

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Datalink, myself, and any other REs.. have NO affiliation with rogers...  PR or otherwise.

We GAIN or LOOSE nothing by anyone doing anything.
We only get  these titles here.. from being users who have posted here for a LONG time, and have a LARGE knoledge base on rogers products, etc.

As for Datalinks post.. i was actually going to say the same thing.
And NO, not for any reason of moving away from rogers.  To me, I doesnt matter who you go with.
What datalink posted.. was for informational purposes.

TPIA  providers like Tekksavy, use the ROGERS infrastructure.  Often if there is biger outages in an area (and not say just a DNS server or something back end) often will effecct ALL users, rogers or TPIA.
So switching to Tekksavy, could possibly make not a difference.

(not really suposed to talk mucch more otherwise about other providers.. but some BAD stuff comming down the pipe for tekksavy very soon apparently 😞 )

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Datalink, myself, and any other REs.. have NO affiliation with rogers...  PR or otherwise.

We GAIN or LOOSE nothing by anyone doing anything.
We only get  these titles here.. from being users who have posted here for a LONG time, and have a LARGE knoledge base on rogers products, etc.

And we have no inside information about outages or upgrade plans or that kind of thing...