Internet has been sporadic and slower than 1mbps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
szhao982
I've Been Around

Internet has been sporadic and slower than 1mbps

My download speed and internet connection in general seem to have gone down the drain since friday night. Usually I'm getting around 60-90 mbps download speeds, but for the last 2 days it's been at about 0.1- 0.5 mbps. My ping and upload speed seem to be perfectly fine for some reason though, but I can barely open a page or watch a video. As well, in the morning- afternoon today the internet cut out every other second. I've restarted the modem numerous times and flushed the dns, waitted, and nothings happened. I called in an a technician is scheduled to come by on tuesday (3 days from when I called in my god), so I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a similar situation and has an answer, or perhaps if Rogers is experiecing some issues. (Forgot to mention, I'm in the northyork region - Toronto)

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet has been sporadic and slower than 1mbps

If you can, log into the modem, navigate to the DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into this thread.  It sounds like you have a cable or connector failure in progress.  When the cable from the tap to our house failed, it was fine up to the very day that it died.  No warning, it was out.  Replace the cable and all was well, once again.  Normally you see progressive signs of a failure, but that doesn't happen in every case.

View solution in original post

All Replies
TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It's quite hard to determine the problem based on the information provided. You didn't mention if your signal strength and noise levels are within specs. Do you live in a house or apartment building? Have you called Rogers techsupport and asked them run some tests on your gateway ?
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be my guess, either due to weather or something else, a sudden signal drop

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you can, log into the modem, navigate to the DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into this thread.  It sounds like you have a cable or connector failure in progress.  When the cable from the tap to our house failed, it was fine up to the very day that it died.  No warning, it was out.  Replace the cable and all was well, once again.  Normally you see progressive signs of a failure, but that doesn't happen in every case.

View solution in original post