Internet going up and down?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Internet going up and down?

So since last week my internet connection has been acting funny. One minute it'll be just fine and then the other it will completelly stop to work for like 30 seconds and then come back on... it does it every 2 minutes or so, just goes up and down and up and down, and its starting to really bug me. i tried restarting the router multiple times to no succes. im at a lost here and really need help. 

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Internet going up and down?

i guess all you can do now is call tech support and complain. It might be a error from their side so they can fix it fast.

I Plan to Stick Around

are you using wifi or ethernet to connect to the internet, if wifi, your issue is probably the same one I have been experiencing, providing of course your using the same modem as well: Cisco DPC3825 if your using the same modem and wifi, chances are its all the firmware updates rogers did last week, I noticed after the firmware updates that my wifi was not connecting even though it was broadcasting, it repeatedly went down on me, multiple calls to rogers had a tech come out and replace the modem, and the tech said he been seeing a lot of these calls and he said it was the updates for the firmware. The people on the tech support phone line, also having troubles accessing these modems and resetting them as well
I Plan to Stick Around

I have also been having the same problem. Its not your Modem. I have a "NEW" one, and Im not using wifi.

Ive heard there doing "upgrades" and are having issues with DNS server.

I've Been Here Awhile

im using wifi and yep its the same modem. Was it fixed after the tech came and changed it? and yeah after i reset the modem sometimes it wont even let me connect back to it, and i have to re-reset it.. pain in the butt but ohh well

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it was fixed after getting the replacement, the replacement has the old firmware on it, so no issues since, but I am sure its just a matter of time before I am hit by the firmware updates again, and I have to have the thing replaced again. unless of course they decide to stop pushing the broken updates.