Internet disconnects every hour

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toysareforboys
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet disconnects every hour

My internet was down from 5am until 11am this morning, so of course had to call Rogers again, lol 😞

I spoke with Level 2 teach support today. They said the 60 minute random  disconnection problem is in fact due to a firmware upgrade!!! They are working with Hiltron and SMC to correct the issue, no ETA on repair 😞

My previous solution of manually setting your IP address isn't a good idea, the rogers modem will ban your account for a few hours if you set it to manual! That's why my internet was down this morning. lol 😞

I'll post up when I get a reply to my level 2 ticket (and confirm it's been fixed of course).

-Jamie M.

toysareforboys
I Plan to Stick Around

The problem has been corrected. The WAN DHCP lease time is now 2 days 🙂 I'll reboot my modem at 4am tonight so it renews every other day at 4am, as not to disturb anyone/anything.

-Jamie M.

Zakuen
I've Been Around

Can you link to this other thread/reply please? I've also had this issue with HORRIBLE lag spikes for over a month now, and as of tomorrow will also have had 5 technitians come out to investigate. (One of them because the dummy cut out my phone in the process of looking into these issues).  The packet loss has been over 10% all month, changed modems, tried a ton of things and it's affecting everythign i try to do online now and would appreciate any help anyone can give as Rogers hasn't been any at all. 

mxrenegade
I've Been Here Awhile

Over a Month working with Rogers. 

As an example, between 9am and 11:15am today, I've had 9 disconnects. 

Making it impossible for me to work from home. This has been occurring for well over a month. 

4 modem swaps, 2 onsite technicians, and countless calls to tech support. All I've got now is "your case is with the maintenance dept."

Rogers refuses to provide any other updates. 

mxrenegade
I've Been Here Awhile

I should also add, yesterday between 9am and 5pm I had 25 disconnects.

That's not to mention that the internet was unusable in the evening.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IF you have, or have access to, a 3rd party router.. you can TRY bridging it..

That sometimes has fixes the HOURLY disconect issue (not always)... but yours seems to be happening ALOT more than that.. seems more of a back end issue

Xaponz
I've Been Here Awhile

Like the title suggests, my internet stops working for about 1-2 minutes every hour precisely at the 48th minute. Like 4:48, 5:48, 6: 48 etc. im using the CGN 2 (black and red one, not the cisco). My desktop is hardwired through ethernet and everything else is wireless, but we only have maybe 2-3 devices connected to the internet at any given time, so we know we aren't putting too much strain on the service. Not very good with technical stuff so if someone could help me out it would be great.

Also called support twice, they said it could be fixed on their end both times, yet it still happens. Tried to switch modems and literally the 3 stores i went to locally had no modem of the same model in stock, only the upgrade, that i can't pay because the bill is absurdly high as it is.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That its th exact time on the after the hour..

I am GUESSING it is what we have seen here before.. i have experienced it myself last year.

From my understanding, it seems to go on for people, while they are doing back end maintenance in that area (upgrades to the network).

Seems to have taken 2-3 weeks for most peoples to clear up though 😞

Xaponz
I've Been Here Awhile

Would switching to the newest modem change things? I'm willing to pay the extra $4 a month for a single month, then switch back to the old one if it would work. I have been trying to be very patient the past few days and i don't want to be that one customer that just complains and gives everyone a hard time, but disconnecting EVERY hour is getting a little ridiculous for gaming and comfort.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its POSSIBLE? not not necessarily 😞