Internet cuts out every hour exaclty.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zedonius666
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet cuts out every hour exaclty.

Seems like the issue went away late yesterday.  Noticed the WAN Ip changed (go figure).   Still having a tech come up anyways, but according to Rogers support (on the phone and over internet chat) the signal is good.  

I may get  them to swap the modem, and prepare to set up the connection the same way as the other one in the house by using a router and setting up the modem/router combo from Rogers as just a modem.  

I just hate looking up information related to this, to read all over that the SMC modem/routers are garbage.  But thanks for the addistance GD.   It's not so much that I get kicked off every hour that annoys me, its the fact that you pay so much for a service, and when it fails on you, they like to leave their customers in the dark.  I miss shaw :(, their emails informing you of issues that may arise in your area due to X reason will be missed. 

View solution in original post

Zedonius666
I Plan to Stick Around

Replaced the modem, now I get half my speeds I used to get.  Pretty horrible. 

rastabadmon
I've Been Around

I have the same problem. Rogers support is horrible. 

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @rastabadmon,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Intermittent internet is never fun or ideal to deal with. I rely heavily on my Internet for work so I know how annoying and inconvenient degraded service can be. 

Can you provide more info as to what is happening and steps you've taken to address your issue? Also, if you can post the signal specs of the modem as well. Log into your router, navigate to the Status Tab > Docsis WAN Tab, copy the downstream/upstream tables and paste them into a post.

We look forward to your reply!

RogersCilio