Internet Usage Tracking Utility

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet Usage Tracking Utility

The previous monthly usage is broken right now... but i am able to get into mine.(overview and daily breakdown)  which means in general it does WORK..

There could just be something buggy on the account, etc causing it to not display, etc.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah, my day to day tracking is working too. Like GdKitty, it is just the monthly usage that is not working. I doubt that Rogers is trying to keep you in the dark. You could give then a call and see if they can correct the problem.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have never been able to access the Detailed Usage section of My Account. I can only ssee what I've used so far in the month and when I selected the 3 options to drill down further, it always took me to a screen asking me to Register and then it would say I was already registered.  So obviously an error.  FInally I contacted the Chat person yesterday morning and despite my continually telling her and even sending print screens, she continued t point me to the .pdf of my bill for internet usage.  No matter how hard I explained (as best one can do in Chat) was she able to even understand the issue.  I then called Customer Service - alas a person!  This lady told me it was because I didn't have Internet Explorer v11 (really???) and I should have Firefox or other browser.  Since I had Firefox, I tried again, but exactly the same.  Finally deciding I was infinitely more capable of troubleshooting, I had another Chat and asked the person to remove me from My Rogers so I could in fact Register. Seemed a logical thiing to do, Then I Chatted back to have my account re-Registered (seems I couldn't do it because my email address already existed). Voila, it all worked and now I can see the Detailed Usage.  The irst lady was so useless - why is Rogers even paying her?  And telling me it was my browser???  I really and truly feel Rogers should have been able to troubleshoot such a simple problem.  I am a retired IT person and I could do it...  For  a company of this magnitude to be so totally incapable just boggles the mind.  Not impressed!!!!!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

THe website, does sometimes play not nice, with certain browsers at different times... at times has been IE. other times FF, etc... so always a worthwhile thing to try the other browser just incase.
(i had that with the old cellular addon section.. when logged in, would be in a continual loading loop with IE11, but worked fine in FF)

That is good to know, that it fixed your issue.

Will remember to let others know, that if they are having that problem.. ask to have their account stuff from the myrogers, and re-register.. and it should hopefully fix it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, but as an IT person for 30 years, I know that a browser error does not typically, or ever, respond that way.  And if it was a browser error, it would be illogical for Rogers to assume everyone was even capable at running IE11.  Companies don't construct public web sites to be at latest release levels.  BTW I had already tried it on my tablet and iphone first.  Same result which concluded it was not the computer.  The disappointing aspect is that if this is a fairly common problem, Rogers should be able to troubleshoot.  For my cellular, I have Bell and it is never an issue to access my usage.  This issue wasted at least 3 hours of my time yesterday.  Good thing I'm now retired and had time to do it!!! 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am an IT person as well (bar not as long as you, only about 13 years),

And i could show you, probably 5-6 sites, which respond, act differently, or wont work, with specific browsers.
Somtimes its the version of the browser itself, sometimes its just how the browser renders the HTML, (IE can be natorious for failing some of the world standard tests), or how that brower handles the applet, java, etc that its running.

My wife consistantly has issues like that, with some sites she uses (shutterfly for example), in chrome.  Their applet for designing, etc.. some things just hang/wont work.  I tell her to try it in IE... it works perfectly fine.

Correct, not everyone has, nor can run IE11.  But doing a test on a different browser, is a fairly standard troubleshooting procedure for many websites.

But beyond that... You are right, that the other reps should be more trained, on how/what this problem might be.  IF a simple browser change doesnt fix it, that they should have it in their 'solutions' database, of the removal and re add as a solution.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When I try to view my past usage or current usage day by day, it asks me to "Sign up for rogers online billing"

I try that and it asks me for my "account number", and that never works.

I used to be able to view my usage all the time but can't any more. Why not? How can I again?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The reason why the account number input didn't work is because its registered by another rogers.com account and for security reasons they didn't let you. Rogers Live Chat (http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare.php) can help. They will ask for your account number and remove it from the old rogers.com account. Good luck! Smiley Happy

***Update***

It could be that your  Rogers account is registered under another rogers.com profile/username. Try  www.rogershelp.com/chat to connect to a Rogers Live Chat agent to help you fix this.

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

According to Rogers' FAQ:

• I would like to know my Internet usage at all times. How can I do this?
  • To give you the maximum level of monitoring, we update the usage tool on a daily basis. You can view your usage at any time. We'll also send you an online message when you reach 75% and 100% of your usage allowance. We recommend monitoring your usage with the tool on rogers.com. If you use less than one megabyte in a day, no usage will be recorded.

However, today I received the 75% warning message for the period ending August 3rd!.  When I go look at my current usage from August 4th through August 8th, it isn't there.  I can only see up to August 3rd.

Where are the updates to "the usage tool on a daily basis"?

Henry

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well today is only august 4th.

You would only see the usage up to August 3rd.

The usage is polled daily, for the previous day.  So on the 4th you would see the 3rd.  The 5th you would see the 4th, etc.