Internet Usage Tracking Utility

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Internet Usage Tracking Utility

Rogers  tracking utility sucks.

It doesn't give you a real time, accurate account of how much usage you've actually accumulated and appears to be set up solely to benefit Rogers by giving them the opportunity to gouge you with extra billing. By the time the 100% usage notification warning shows up in your browser - It's too late...

The utility is supposed to display usage from the second day of the month to the first of the following month. Today is September second and it still shows that I'm 2.55 Gig over the 60 Gig plan I had to upgrade to. What gives? How am I supposed to know when I can surf or download again without incurring extra charges?

I have 4 services with Rogers and I'm seriously looking at alternative providers. I can't be the only subscriber who's tired of being nickel and dimed to death. How are other subscribers dealing with this less than efficient utillity?

***edited labels***

I'm a Regular

Re: Internet Usage Tracking Utility

ya it's pretty delayed. I found the same thing.

It also doesn't help that the bandwidth limits with rogers are ridiculously low for this day in age. Their competitors all offer higher bandwidth limits (Bell's is still low...but they offer 75)  . Worst part is Rogers seems to be lowering their limits?!!?!?!?!!. Extreme went from 95 to 80  this summer (yet the price stayed the same) ....

sigh... nickel and diming their low bandwidth limits..is making me look around too.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yup, Rogers pretty much sucks for bandwidth limits. I wish they offered some kind of unlimited plan, or at least a couple hundred gigabytes.

I'm probably going to be switching soon just for this reason...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just a few weeks ago I thought that our bandwidth had reset. I tried to check, but the tracking utility is a day behind, so I couldn't. I hadn't gone over for the day it was showing me, though.

I figured it did reset anyways and happily downloaded some things, and so did my roomates.

Two days later I checked again, and I ended up going over since it hadn't reset until the NEXT day.

I was only over by 3GB, but still it's $6 I could have kept.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for everyone's replies to my thread. Nice to see I'm not the only one who's disappointed and dissatisfied.

Well, it's almost 10pm on September 2nd and the utility still hasn't reset for my account usage. It's angry red graphic is taunting me and holding my ability to download for ransom.

To 'the-rowdies':

"I was only over by 3GB, but still it's $6 I could have kept."  Yea, 6 bucks is chump change to a faceless corporation like Rogers, but to us - it's a decent meal...

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Truff and welcome to the forums!

The usage is delayed by 1 day on www.rogers.com so if there is new usage starts on the 1st of September, the new usage would start to display on the 2nd of September on www.rogers.com.

If you are experiencing extended delays I encourage you do call 1-888 ROGERS 1 and speak with E-care, they deal with all Rogers.com issues, they may need to escalate your issue.

For any billing issues you can ask for our customer care at the same number I provided.

I hope this helps,

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Quote: "The usage is delayed by 1 day on www.rogers.com so if there is new usage starts on the 1st of September, the new usage would start to display on the 2nd of September"

Wrong. My usage utility meter didn't roll over until this morning at 10 am - Sept. 3rd. A 2 day delay.

Basically, this is a transparent cash grab by Rogers. The technology exists to update your customers in real time. Rogers chooses to keep its customers at a disadvantage - having to take a guess as to how much downloading allotment they have left. How many thousands of customers a month are paying $2 to $30 extra because they can't accurately check their usage. It all ads up as effortless, extra profit for the corporation.

In the interim, I've added a freeware app to my PC called NetWorx to give me a more accurate, real time view of my internet use. I highly recommend it.

So:

Ha Ha! Victory is yours! - In the short term. Ya got me for 4 bucks.

Long term: This is one former loyal, reliable, 15 year customer who's now shopping around...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

To 'Truff':

"Nice to see I'm not the only one who's disappointed and dissatisfied."

I think that most of the people who signed up for the forum did so because they were dissatisfied...

I don't know about the other forums here, but the internet ones seem to be mostly made up of complaints...

"Yea, 6 bucks is chump change to a faceless corporation like Rogers, but to us - it's a decent meal..."

Too true. It could even buy enough instant noodles to last you a few weeks.

"In the interim, I've added a freeware app to my PC called NetWorx to give me a more accurate, real time view of my internet use. I highly recommend it."
Can it also show which user used what amount of the internet bandwidth? That'd also be helpful for students sharing internet, and I highly doubt rogers will release anything to do this for us...

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

yep... just wait until your contract is up.... TekSavvy offers interent for the same price or cheaper and allows for 250 gigs a month.

they also have an unlimited plan for about $60.... Much better value than rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, but Teksavvy Cable still isn't available in Ottawa. ;(