cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Usage Tracking Utility

Truff
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers  tracking utility sucks.

It doesn't give you a real time, accurate account of how much usage you've actually accumulated and appears to be set up solely to benefit Rogers by giving them the opportunity to gouge you with extra billing. By the time the 100% usage notification warning shows up in your browser - It's too late...

The utility is supposed to display usage from the second day of the month to the first of the following month. Today is September second and it still shows that I'm 2.55 Gig over the 60 Gig plan I had to upgrade to. What gives? How am I supposed to know when I can surf or download again without incurring extra charges?

I have 4 services with Rogers and I'm seriously looking at alternative providers. I can't be the only subscriber who's tired of being nickel and dimed to death. How are other subscribers dealing with this less than efficient utillity?

***edited labels***

42 REPLIES 42

Re: Internet Usage Tracking Utility

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Yeah, my day to day tracking is working too. Like GdKitty, it is just the monthly usage that is not working. I doubt that Rogers is trying to keep you in the dark. You could give then a call and see if they can correct the problem.

dltownse
I've Been Here Awhile

I have never been able to access the Detailed Usage section of My Account. I can only ssee what I've used so far in the month and when I selected the 3 options to drill down further, it always took me to a screen asking me to Register and then it would say I was already registered.  So obviously an error.  FInally I contacted the Chat person yesterday morning and despite my continually telling her and even sending print screens, she continued t point me to the .pdf of my bill for internet usage.  No matter how hard I explained (as best one can do in Chat) was she able to even understand the issue.  I then called Customer Service - alas a person!  This lady told me it was because I didn't have Internet Explorer v11 (really???) and I should have Firefox or other browser.  Since I had Firefox, I tried again, but exactly the same.  Finally deciding I was infinitely more capable of troubleshooting, I had another Chat and asked the person to remove me from My Rogers so I could in fact Register. Seemed a logical thiing to do, Then I Chatted back to have my account re-Registered (seems I couldn't do it because my email address already existed). Voila, it all worked and now I can see the Detailed Usage.  The irst lady was so useless - why is Rogers even paying her?  And telling me it was my browser???  I really and truly feel Rogers should have been able to troubleshoot such a simple problem.  I am a retired IT person and I could do it...  For  a company of this magnitude to be so totally incapable just boggles the mind.  Not impressed!!!!!

THe website, does sometimes play not nice, with certain browsers at different times... at times has been IE. other times FF, etc... so always a worthwhile thing to try the other browser just incase.
(i had that with the old cellular addon section.. when logged in, would be in a continual loading loop with IE11, but worked fine in FF)

That is good to know, that it fixed your issue.

Will remember to let others know, that if they are having that problem.. ask to have their account stuff from the myrogers, and re-register.. and it should hopefully fix it.

dltownse
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, but as an IT person for 30 years, I know that a browser error does not typically, or ever, respond that way.  And if it was a browser error, it would be illogical for Rogers to assume everyone was even capable at running IE11.  Companies don't construct public web sites to be at latest release levels.  BTW I had already tried it on my tablet and iphone first.  Same result which concluded it was not the computer.  The disappointing aspect is that if this is a fairly common problem, Rogers should be able to troubleshoot.  For my cellular, I have Bell and it is never an issue to access my usage.  This issue wasted at least 3 hours of my time yesterday.  Good thing I'm now retired and had time to do it!!! 

I am an IT person as well (bar not as long as you, only about 13 years),

And i could show you, probably 5-6 sites, which respond, act differently, or wont work, with specific browsers.
Somtimes its the version of the browser itself, sometimes its just how the browser renders the HTML, (IE can be natorious for failing some of the world standard tests), or how that brower handles the applet, java, etc that its running.

My wife consistantly has issues like that, with some sites she uses (shutterfly for example), in chrome.  Their applet for designing, etc.. some things just hang/wont work.  I tell her to try it in IE... it works perfectly fine.

Correct, not everyone has, nor can run IE11.  But doing a test on a different browser, is a fairly standard troubleshooting procedure for many websites.

But beyond that... You are right, that the other reps should be more trained, on how/what this problem might be.  IF a simple browser change doesnt fix it, that they should have it in their 'solutions' database, of the removal and re add as a solution.

bscrivens
I Plan to Stick Around

When I try to view my past usage or current usage day by day, it asks me to "Sign up for rogers online billing"

I try that and it asks me for my "account number", and that never works.

I used to be able to view my usage all the time but can't any more. Why not? How can I again?

nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around

The reason why the account number input didn't work is because its registered by another rogers.com account and for security reasons they didn't let you. Rogers Live Chat (http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare.php) can help. They will ask for your account number and remove it from the old rogers.com account. Good luck! Smiley Happy

***Update***

It could be that your  Rogers account is registered under another rogers.com profile/username. Try  www.rogershelp.com/chat to connect to a Rogers Live Chat agent to help you fix this.

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄

According to Rogers' FAQ:

• I would like to know my Internet usage at all times. How can I do this?
  • To give you the maximum level of monitoring, we update the usage tool on a daily basis. You can view your usage at any time. We'll also send you an online message when you reach 75% and 100% of your usage allowance. We recommend monitoring your usage with the tool on rogers.com. If you use less than one megabyte in a day, no usage will be recorded.

However, today I received the 75% warning message for the period ending August 3rd!.  When I go look at my current usage from August 4th through August 8th, it isn't there.  I can only see up to August 3rd.

Where are the updates to "the usage tool on a daily basis"?

Henry

Well today is only august 4th.

You would only see the usage up to August 3rd.

The usage is polled daily, for the previous day.  So on the 4th you would see the 3rd.  The 5th you would see the 4th, etc.

LOL.  Here I went all day yesterday thinking it was August 8th for some reason.  Must have had a synapse misfire or something.  Or I'm just getting old!

In that case, it's working just fine, as it reset to nil today (as it's the start of a new billing period).

My bad.

Danny_Boy
I've Been Here Awhile

Does the internet tracking utility show all your download history for the month, so you can see what's using the most usage? Or does it only show you the usage per day? Im wanting to see if there is a way to see what's using up all my gigs not just the number of gigs used per day but what programs or streams were used. Is there a way to find this out?

The online usage tracker only shows total overall usage per day and per month.  To track the usage per day, of a device connected to your LAN, you would need a router or firewall that has usage tracking.  I'm not sure at that level if the router or firewall tracking can track per program or stream, some might be able to.  Tracking throughput to an IP address is probably possible, and from there you could determine what program is connecting to the address.

Danny_Boy
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok great, Ill look into that. Thanks!

please post your findings [ I have yet to L I K E it here ]

PCao
I Plan to Stick Around

My Rogers internet usage has not been displaying for 6 months now (since August 2015): "Usage Not Available". I tried checking usage on IE11 & Firefox 40.0.03, nothing. As suggested, via chat, I had a customer care disable my Rogers.com profile, then had her recreate a new Rogers.com profile for me using my same email address (myname@rogers.com) as user ID, with a new password. I relogged in but same issue "Usage Not Available". So I assume the process of disabling/recreating profile would work for some and not work for others. Had I used a different email address (other than myname@rogers.com) to recreate profile, it would likely solve my problem, but I did not want to use a different email address because, since the online account is on rogers.com, I just wanted to use the rogers.com email address. Why ? I don't know, that's the way it is.

Good Evening @PCao,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for clarifying your issue and the steps you have taken already. 

We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your MyRogers account and help you access your usage information again. 

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check your message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

fersid
I've Been Here Awhile

Today is Jan. 21, 2016  For two days now I have not been able to check my internet usage.  Keep getting "Usage not Available" message. 

Is anyone else have the same problem????

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Appears to work here.

Are you on/arround your billing cycle?

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@fersid

We'd like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. We're going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

robinrobin
I Plan to Stick Around

Is online daily usage monitor down?

Can only get the daily usage details to date August 28. It didn't update since then.

Anybody else get the same issue?

Mine goes all the way up to yesterday (31st).

Now, when is your billing cycle start/finish? Sometimes there is a holdup on the day before/of/after of the billing cycle i have seen.. but once past that should re show up.