Internet Service Disruption

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet Service Disruption

The past week or so I have had very poor internet service. The speed has been very slow - as low as 0.37MB/s. With the slow speeds comes random disconnects as well, today I am being disconnected from the internet every few minutes. When I do get to stay on for more than a few minutes it is incredibly slow and the ping for some things is as high as 14000ms. I am in London Ontario and on Rogers Express, is anyone else experiencing poor service? Anyone have any idea when the internet service will be fixed?

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet Service Disruption

same things here in Mississauga....i just switch from quasi Ultimate to "real" Ultimate (150/10 ) and this is what i got 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3210245631

I've Been Around

I always experience crappy connection and dropped connections.
Also, for the past 2 days I can log on to my account via web, but, am never able to open the Products & SErvices page to check my internet usage 😞
BIlling just rolled over and I already have the "reached the limit" notification??? Seriously??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You usually wont get the notification, till it finishing polling the last days usage.

So if you got the notice today.. it would be likely that you went over it, yesterday sort of thing.

if today was the start of your new period.. you should be ok.... there needs to be more logic in the system, that it knows not to send it, if the date has rolled over.

As for viewing the usage..i am able to log in and see mine fine.
sometimes right on the switch over day, it can be unavailable..
Also some browsers seem to not always load it properly.. have you tried another browser?

I Plan to Stick Around

Internet is completely unuseable today, getting really tired of this. We are currently paying $55 per month for service that is not working and showing no sign of being fixed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you called in to see if there is a service issue in your area?

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers will claim there is nothing wrong likely.

But this is prbably related to their use of a DNS gateway and having a "DNS proxy gateway" hardcoded into their modems/DHCP server/router.

As these problems seem to be at the intervals that co-incide with changes in advertizing for companies (post christmas) the problems likely are related to the DNS hijacking they do to serve up thier ads instead of the ones from US media sites. They have to re-code for the injection and so sometimes cause problems in the changeover.

This is hijack injection is legal, taking advantage of a canadian law to insure Canadian magazines have canadian content. Archaiac.

See my post on fixing problems to understand why.

I Plan to Stick Around

Issues are still present, have contacted Rogers several times now. They suggested a new modem, I received it today but the issues are still present. I have no idea what to do, my wireless is completely useless.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you get the same speeds/problems when wired?

Could just be a poor wireless problem, which many of the gateways have.. and can be remedied by putting the unit in bridge mode with your own router.

I Plan to Stick Around

The issues are gone when I am wired. They are now trying to tell me that my internet issues are caused by my iPhone...