Internet Security Warning when sending emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Internet Security Warning when sending emails

Hi,

Over the past couple of days, I've been getting an Internet Security Warning pop-up whenever I send the first email after launching Outlook2007. The warning says that the server I am connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified and asks whether I want to continue using the server.  If I click on Yes, I do not see this pop-up on any sussequent message I send until I shut Outlook down.

When I click on View Certificate, it says that the certificate is issued to  *.smtp.mail.yahoo.com.

As far as I know, certificate issues are a problem on the ISP side. Does anyone know what is happening here?  Thanks.

Regards...

JoeG

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet Security Warning when sending emails

I havent had that come up on my outlook..

Every once as a while, there are windows/office updates, which update their security certificate end... i know i have seen similar when in the past  with them.

Do you have all your windows and office updates done?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

My Outlook is completely up-to-date. Updates are automatically performed when available. I use Outlook to manage my 3 email accounts, Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail as POP3. It has all been working fine until about 2 months ago. Whenever I launched Outlook, I would get the same Internet Security Warning with the Hotmail account. I have yet to receive any meaningful feedback from Microsoft regarding this issue. Then about 2 days ago it started happening with the Yahoo account. It's all very perplexing.

Regards...

JoeG

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will keep an eye/ear out if i see/hear anything.

Again, not getting them here.. but i am also on 2010 outlook.