Internet Keeps Cutting Out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet Keeps Cutting Out

Mine has been cutting out every 2-3 minutes since yesterday morning. Any chance of this sorting itself out soon? It's frustrating to pay for a service that I cannot reliably use.

I've Been Here Awhile

Suddenly (over the past few days) internet connection continually being dropped when using both MacBook AIr and Ipad.   Any suggestions?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you have the drops.. are you able to log into the router and check the satus at the time?

Is there any rhyme or reason to the drops?
(every hour... not ever hour, but always occur at say  X:42  type of thing?

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine continuely drops early this morning (5/2/2014) spoke to 4 different people from Tech support, the last one finally admitted they didn't have all the tools necessary to reset the modem which is $12 a month one. Ther only solution they all suggested was unplug the modem for 5 minutes. Which did do anything it still drops the line. Without a doubt this is the worst year for bad modems  and bad terchnical help.

I've Been Here Awhile

There does not seem to be any pattern to the drops.   Both MacBook Air and Ipad show the router as broadcasting but, for example, if I go to a new web page everything freezes and to restart I have to turn the wifi off and then turn it back on again.

As someone else indicated I was without internet for most of last night as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

http://www.netscan.co/r/ZMiPC

For anyone who has knowledge about these things here is my network connectivity scan.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey everyone! Smiley HappyI'm hoping someone can help out. For the last 3 days I have been experiencing my internet connection cutting out every 20 minutes for about 1-2 minutes. Ive had the modem replaced and all the wires checked. This isn't a modem issue. However, I receintly upgraded my package to an unlimited package. But the kind where I didn't have to change modems. However, ever since this upgrade, this has been happening. Rogers of course, is certain the upgrade has nothing to do with it. Right. Smiley Frustrated

Anyway, the unusual thing is, when the internet cuts out,all the lights on the modem are still on, as if nothing is cutting out and the net is working fine. But it's not of course. Every stinking 20 miutes, I see that little yellow triangle in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, telling me there is no internet connection. 

And this is a desktop with the cable plugged right into the computer!

I'm running Windows 7, 12GB of ram. Quadecore. 

Any help as to what he issue could possibly be woild be greatly appreciated. I'm in a basement apartment, and apparently the family that lives above me is suddenly having the same issue. Hmmmm... But they're two seperate accounts, with seperate modems and packages. 

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm getting the same thing, located in Mississauga.  It's been happening since Monday, but has steadily gotten worse until today.

I've had my modem in bridge modem since this spring, and Rogers as a service has been rock solid until this started happening.

I've unplugged/reset the modem and my router, no dice.

Anyone else getting this?

I Plan to Stick Around

Unbelivable. I'm in Mississauga as well, West end. Been happening since Monday too, that's when I upgraded my package lol. Do you find it better in bridge mode? I don't know what to make of it. Rogers tells me speed is fine, modem is working fine.. It's really annoying lol. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah i'm on the phone for the second time today, they swear it's my router (it's not)

RE: bridge mode, i did it because of network setup, the hitron router/modem wouldn't allow me to set a static route.