Internet Keeps Cutting Out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet Keeps Cutting Out

Koija wrote: Is there anything that can be used a stopgap when the area is oversold? Or do we just have to live with it until people change ISP's?

As a stopgap.. no.. one would have to wait till enough people leave and free up space.. or the infrastructure is updated 😞

@Donta wrote:

I've been having this same issue in Kitchener Ontario. I was on the SMC router with the issue so I got an upgrade to the Hiteron. I've called rogers and while on the phone the internet was connected and working fine. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. They sent out a technician and he did nothing as it was working fine while he was here. 15 minutes after he left it dropped again. I've asked if they have anything that could monitor my connection to log when it dropps and why, but they have nothing. I tried calling again a couple of days ago but due to the DNS server issues they were having at the time, the technician couldnt log into my router. Perhaps now I can get them to look into it again.

I live in an apartment building but i don't believe it should be too congested. It's not like a high populated area like toronto.

Appartments can be natorious for problems.. of not having enough signal/bottlenecking going into them 😞

I've Been Around

I'm having the exact same problem!! Started about 3 weeks ago, Rogers told me that it's either something I did or I need a new modem. I hadn't moved modem in 3 years, no problem ever. Got a new one from them, and within 15 minutes the same thing happened again. I live in an apartment in Ajax, Ont, but haven't had a problem before in the 3 years we've lived here. Tech is coming out tomorrow. Hoping for some answers.
I've Been Around

I've had multiple techs come, multiple modem replacements and had the splitter, and all the wires replaced and nothing helps, everytime i call they say the signal is bad and the'll send a tech to come out, who most of the time does nothing, the last dude who came said " yeh i cant do anything cause you got your modem replaced recentley sorry" and left and the other dude said "well it might be your splitter so i'll try that i guess" these people don't know what their doing? their doesent seem to be a specific time that it goes out, and to get it to work again i cant just unplug it, i have to wait for it to come back so i can reconnect and then go into the modem using 192.168.0.1 and restart the device that way, i have the dpc3825 and i have tryed using my own router, connecting directley briged mode multiple power outlets nothing works, i have multiple friends with rogers who are pretty close that have the same problem but my buddys who live further away with rogers have no problems,the guy on the phone said my neighbours modems are resetting by them self as well it seems, but he claims it is not a area problem, the last guy i was on the phone with said "yeh i'll call you back" and then just hung up after explaining my problem, they also were going to give me credit on the bill for all the trouble, which they never did, im pretty fed up since this has been happening for the past 6 months and i have 11 recorded calls with them one of them being me telling them "right now your viloateing the terms of service" the guy replied very rudely "yeh how so?' i said i'm not getting the service im paying for then he stoped talking for about 20 seconds then said "alright guess ill send you up to head office" then hung up and never sent me through, is their anything else i can do besides call and ask for manager? I live in the Brampton Ont area

I'm Here A Lot

I'm having the same issue. I get massive lag spikes or disconnects 5-10 times a day. Sometimes my modem will stop working until I reset it. 

I called today and they sent a technician who said "bad signal." Who re-lined my house and provided me with a new modem (Hiltron CGN3). In the last 2 hours I've had 2 massive spikes, 1 of which disconnected me. It's very annoying and am hoping for a solution. At least Rogers told me something was wrong, usually they just make me feel that I'm crazy or stupid.

I'm from South Etobicoke near Horner Ave. My buddy lives in the core and does not have these problems.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is also happening to me, more the giant lagspikes i never really get disconnected fully

I'm Here A Lot

99% of the time I don't lose full service. I get spikes enough to dissconnect me from any online games, online poker, etc.... It's rediculous when I pay $100+ a month for internet.

I've Been Around

Modem shows no signs of change but I lose my connection for a brief moment every half hour or so. Everything remains connected but staying connected is the problem. It just fizzles out with no warning mid way.

It interrupts streaming, gameplay, and video calls. The only suggestion Rogers came up with was to move my xbox further away from my modem and to unplug my modem out of the power-bar and into the actual outlet. I've done both plus allowed them to reset the modem from office as well me resetting it manually and yet the problem persists.

Any suggestions? Someone suggested for me to looking into my settings for my firewall etc. but it wasn't really detailed enough for me to understand on what exactly I should be looking for.

I Plan to Stick Around

Streaming has been a problem for Rogers customers with the firewall security turned on in the gateway, or computer.

Go into the gateway setup, and select the "Security" tab and check if it is on, If the "SPI Firewall Protection" then turn it off and if that fixes it then examine what settings are selected.

I've Been Around

Ive had the same problem, did all the above plus turned off my gateways firewall and still have the same problem!
I'm Here A Lot

Since christmas day I have had random disconnects and they always happen around 25 minutes past the hour. I reboot my router then it's fine again instantly but a few hours later it happens again around 25 minutes past the hour. I've had it where I go a couple of days it's fine then another day I got 7 disconnects throughout the day all around 25 minutes past the hour. I am from Oshawa. It feels like it is on rogers end. Today it was out when I first turned on my computer this morning, rebooted my router and it was back in but the then it disconnected again at you guessed it 12:25pm. Don't know what's going on but it's weird whatever is causing it to go out.