Internet - Dropped connections due to a faulty Network Device!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Internet - Dropped connections due to a faulty Network Device!

Just an FYI. We were having ongoing problems with our home network internet dropping 5 or 6 times a day.  We finally isolated the problem to my computer.  Whenever it was on, it caused the internet to drop, not just for my computer, but for the whole network.  I have an older computer running Windows 7. I had an 811 N wireless adapter.  I purchased a D-Link Wireless AC Dual Band USB adapter, and we have not had ANY problems since changing the adapter.  Hope this helps someone else who may be experiencing the same frustrating problems we were having.  

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet - Dropped connections due to a faulty Network Device!

I think this is the third report we've seen recently where a network device was causing problems for the modem, which of course points the finger at the modem instead of the device.  Good work sorting it out 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet - Dropped connections due to a faulty Network Device!

I think this is the third report we've seen recently where a network device was causing problems for the modem, which of course points the finger at the modem instead of the device.  Good work sorting it out 🙂

View solution in original post