Internet Down in East York

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Internet Down in East York

Been having trouble all morning with my Internet connection. When I ping rogers.com I get 40-50% packet loss and downloads are so slow, Rogers speed test won't even connect. It tried once, and it showed download of .5mbps. I've done all the usual stuff like reboot the CGN3 and even my computer. The problem started very early today when I had no Interent connection at all. Obviously, I will call in, but was wondering if anyone else is seeing similar issues.

Just checked my cable box and the signal strength is seriously low, so the issue is bigger than the Internet.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Internet Down in East York

Anybody else having no rogers phone internet or tv

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's down all over the place.

https://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dont necessarily take the canadaoutages page as a guide.

According to that.. if you look at the red dot...its like ALL of central ontario.
Which its not.  I can connect fine to at least 3 locations (with rogers) across ontario right now (family with PCs that i can remote connect to)

At the current time, there is something like 400ish reports there for around now... which would co-inside with there being a BIGER outage, say a city or area with an outage.

But remember, all the stuff on that page, are USER reported.. nothing is actually tested per say on the true conectivity of the ISP.
It could be a person with a PC issue or something else, and they report it as being rogers down.  Heck i could go and make a report that i am down right now if i wanted to, when i am not even ON rogers right now.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

ablatt:

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that. It's a site worth keeping for future reference. I do have Internet, but it's impossibly slow, and the signal strength readings are ridiculously low. I've been on the phone waiting for someone at Rogers to pick up after almost 30 minutes. Think I'll give up for now as problems are wide-spread.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Whatever the issue was for me, it's suddenly back to normal. Now getting download speeds of almost 200mbps and no packet losses. My signal strength for cable TV is also normal.  Keeping my fingers crossed. Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

We have reports of TV/Internet/Home Phone interruptions affecting customers in Toronto. We apologize & are working to resolve.

Thank you,

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Happened to me in the Annex too. When I woke up this morning, no Rogers services - no Internet, home phone, cable - nothing. Called tech support, I spent an hour on hold...

When I got home from work it was fixed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just adding an FYI

I had the same issue in Guelph. Was very strange...on the 250 plan and normally rogers speedtest is ~350Mbps down and 21Mbps up. For a day and half it crawled to 4Mbps down and 21Mpbs up. There was no packet loss or latency but also no bandwidth. Tech support thought it was my outside line as my cable boxes and modem had low signal strength so they booked a tech for Monday. Cable was terrible with most HD channels not working.  All of a sudden on Fri everything back to normal. My outside line was replaced in the summer so I cancelled the tech.

I had colleages in Kitchener with similar cable issues so was a very widespread issue.

Scott

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

The exact same problem came back this morning in East York. Internet has been up and down, plus my cable TV strength was way down. After about an hour or so, everything is back to normal again.