Internet 250/20 unusable in Markham area, Down for two days now

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wheemer
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet 250/20 unusable in Markham area, Down for two days now

Yesturday morning our internet went  with no webpages loading completely. At about 6 pm it came back and worked all night.

This morning it's back to the same thing. What the heck is going on? I require my internet connection for work reasons. This kind of outtage is rediculous. I called Roger tech support only to be told that it should be fixed in 24 hours. It is now past 24 hours and the problem is still present.

The tech told me the whole Markham area is affected.

Anybody else seeing this problem?

OliviaC
I've Been Around

Re: Internet 250/20 unusable in Markham area, Down for two days now

I'm having the exact same problem in the Yonge and Eglinton area in Toronto.  Good to see it's not just me!

Wheemer
I Plan to Stick Around

It is crazy that when stuff like this is going on we are not given any communication whatsoever. If this is maintenance then we should be notified prior to and once complete.

I thought being told nothing useful and false promises was what only TPIA providers did. But it seems like this is the same way Rogers handles stuff.

Pitiful.

RogersMoin

Hello, @Wheemer and @OliviaC

Thank you for your patience. At this moment, I'm able to access both Markham and Toronto areas. I'm hoping your Internet service is up.

Let us know if you still have connection issues, I can investigate and if necessary engage appropriate support groups for the resolution.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Wheemer
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still having the issue and have an open ticket currently. This is crazy we are getting 30 kb download, almost as if the whole neighbourhood is using one isdn as backup or possibly a 56k modem.
Wheemer
I Plan to Stick Around

I am currently undergoing withdrawal symptoms because of my addiction to the internet. First it's constant increased heart rate, second is the shakes... Help!
RogersMoin

Hello, @Wheemer

I understand you have a ticket opened, I can follow up with the support group for you. It involves accessing your account.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you,

RogersMoin

Wheemer
I Plan to Stick Around

My connection is fine again.

Thanks

RogersMoin

Hello, @Wheemer

I am happy that your connection is back up. Thank you for updating the Community, I appreciate it.Smiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin