International Calls: Incoming Rates and International Long-Distance Preferred Rate Add-on

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

International Calls: Incoming Rates and International Long-Distance Preferred Rate Add-on

Hello everyone,

I'm Italian, traveling to Canada next month, I've activated a Rogers PAYG SIM but now I'm having trouble figuring out which is the most convenient plan for me.

I really need a Wireless Internet connection and the only one I could find with 1gb of traffic was the "Talk, Text and Internet 65", is there any way I can get more?

However, I saw that Talk, Text and Internet 65 has also unlimited incoming calls included, does that mean that If I'm in my local area (Calgary) and I receive a call from Italy I won't pay the incoming fee? Is it different if I receive a call from a landlines or a mobile phone? How much would I pay per minute for each one?

Then I also saw the "International Long-Distance Preferred Rate Add-on", It says that with that I would pay $0.35 per minute, but there's still nothing written about calling landlines o mobile phone.. Is it the same? As before how much would I pay per minute for calling landlines? And mobile phones?

As for now, I'd activate both the Talk, Text and Internet 65 and the Iinternational Long-Distance Preferred Rate Add-on, anyway, if you have any other suggestion please write it down here, what I need is Wireless Internet (at least 1gb), and the most convenient rate for calling back to Italy and receiving calls from Italy with clear landlines and mobile phones rates (if they differs).

Unfortunately not being Canadian or in Canada either, right now I can't activate any 3/yr plan (which are much much better... Isn't there a similar monthly one with no contract?) nor speak to the Costumer Service and there is no live chat for PAYG,

help me guys Smiley Wink

Thanks,

Matteo

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: International Calls: Incoming Rates and International Long-Distance Preferred Rate Add-on

The better rates normally are on the 3 year terms unfortunately. 😞

That does appear to be the highest data package, there is addons but they are insanely expensive. Hopefully you can find some free WiFi to borrow some of the time.

There is no difference incoming or outgoing in terms of if it to/from a cell or land line, all calls are treated the same way.

If you are in your local area, and receive any call, either from someone there or from back home, with the unlimited incoming, it will not use up any minutes, nor will you pay a long distance fee (same goes for evening and weekends on that plan)

Only during the day would you use minutes at whatever the rate is. Local calls to that phone would be at that rate. The long distance to home calls would be the minute rate + the preferred LD rate.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: International Calls: Incoming Rates and International Long-Distance Preferred Rate Add-on

First of all, thanks a lot, you've been really helpful! Smiley Happy

Just to make sure I got everything right, my local area in Canada will be Calgary:

• Italy (mobile phones or landlines) to Calgary -> free for me at every time of the day
  • Calgary to Italy (mobile phones or landlines) -> 0.35$ per minute + 5$ a month for the add-on at every time of the day
  • Calgary to Calgary (me) -> free at every time of the day
  • Calgary (me) to Calgary -> free during Weekends and Evenings, 0.25$ per minute at every other time of the day

Sorry for bothering you, just one more thing, you were talking about data addons, how much are those? Can I add those onto the Talk, Text and Internet 65 with the International Long-Distance Preferred Rate Add-on? And the very last one with Talk, Text and Internet 65 it says that incoming texts from International locations (Italy) are free, and messages to Italy are "charged at applicable rates" so.. how much is per text?

Thanks again,

Matteo

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The data addons are on the page where the long distance addon is, just another tab.
But they are like $25 for 500mb. Way to expensive.

The text rate, I am not sure, I am on mobile right now, and can't check. When I can I will take a look.

But other than that, your descriptions sound correct 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just took a peek... cant seem to find the BASE text rate for international.. 😞

All i can find, is international addons.

$4 for 25 messages (breaks down to 16cents per message)

$10 for 250 (about 4cents per message)

Now on that page, it says that every additional international is 35cents.

So, i am guessing, international ones would be at LEAST 35... 35 could just be the overage better rate if you have the addon, the regular rate, higher.  Not sure, sorry 😞