Intermittent disconnects: Rogers (Extreme)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Intermittent disconnects: Rogers (Extreme)

They upped the promised packages.  They're suppressing users with the D2 modems, to try to feed the ones who's wasted the extra money on the D3's.

I was having the VERY frequent (every 1/2 hour, on the hour/half hour) disconnects.  Had ALL cabling in my unit replaced, proved my computer/NIC weren't the problem, replaced modems (on my 6th now, One of the Cisco D3's I sure hope I'm not getting billed for.. CAT team said they'd upgrade me free on it, yet... billing is showing the increased costs, and no rebate... yet)  It SEEMED to have fixed the issue for a few days, but, I appear to be starting on the disconnect cycles... AGAIN.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mart0091:

Are you using the new cisco as regular? Or is it in gateway mode with your own router?

I Plan to Stick Around

New modem: Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway, I've had it as router, and gateway (switched it back to router, during the last tech visit, for troubleshooting purposes.. been too lazy to switch it back... 2 minute cycle time ... ick! Smiley Tongue)  The flip-flop for the default gateway address is a bit... mystifying too... Aaaanyways, I usually don't use a router (normally hardwired, 1 unit)

They've upgraded my modem (and covered bill for 1 year).  Got customer service to take some off the bill too, since issues have been ongoing since August (5 months now)

I Plan to Stick Around

Update:  The credit for the modem has been provided, for 1 year....
We'll see what occurs in another 10 months.

I Plan to Stick Around

Explains quite a bit, a little more elloquently than I was able to try to describe to the techs.

I've Been Around

It's been a while since the last post on this thread but it seems I'm having this issue now in Nepean (just outside Ottawa) and it's starting to affect my ability to get work done. I've been getting the intermitent disconnects for quite a while now but every time I call, by the time I speak to someone, it's back. VERY FRUSTRATING since it makes the issue appear to be on my end which it isn't.

Anhow, I've looked at switching to Bell but the speeds aren't comparable for the price so I'm a little stuck at the moment. I suppose I won't have a choice if this isn't resolved soon.

Ex.

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-M...

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received...

MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=18:59:33:f8:9d:38;CMTS-MAC=00:12:43...

Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=18:59:33:f8:9d:38;CMTS-MAC=00:12:43...

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q...

There's more but it cuts off in the logs.

K.

I've Been Around

Ever since yesterday my rogers gateway/modem (CGN2-ROG model) had been disconnecting every hour. Ended up switching it into bridging mode at 9am this morning (by following instructions on http://cshouse.ca/bridge-mode-workaround-for-rogers-router-cgn2-rog-with-some-help-from-the-asus-rt-...) and it hasn't disconnected yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Innovanet

I would recomend, doing as jbreaker did.. it seems to be the best way to solve the issue Smiley Sad  Should HAVE to.. but it works.

Putting it in bridge mode, changes it into a modem only in essence, and use a 3rd party router.

I Plan to Stick Around

Man its 2014 and they are still having this issue, it is so frustrating. have the newest Hitron CGN3ROG aswell but I keep getting the intermittent disconnects...

Here's my log

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06/25/14 03:27:43 90000000 warning MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=78:8d:f7:4c:8e:60;CMTS-MAC=00:05:00:e2:79:bd;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

06/25/14 03:52:17 68010300 error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=78:8d:f7:4c:8e:60;CMTS-MAC=00:05:00:e2:79:bd;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

06/25/14 03:52:17 68010600 notice DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-bac102000106788df74c8e60 modified;CM-MAC=78:8d:f7:4c:8e:60;CMTS-MAC=00:05:00:e2:79:bd;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

06/25/14 12:51:29 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=78:8d:f7:4c:8e:60;CMTS-MAC=00:05:00:e2:79:bd;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

06/26/14 03:52:16 68010300 error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=78:8d:f7:4c:8e:60;CMTS-MAC=00:05:00:e2:79:bd;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

06/26/14 03:52:16 68010600 notice DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-bac102000106788df74c8e60 modified;CM-MAC=78:8d:f7:4c:8e:60;CMTS-MAC=00:05:00:e2:79:bd;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know how to fix this? Do I really need to get a router and set the HITRON to bridged mode? I was using a router before till I was getting ridiculous ping spikes in my internet and I couldnt access the router page to try and tweak the settings. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How long have you had the CGN3?  The original firmware was problematic in terms of the slow interface and ping times from what I remember reading through the various posts.  That has basically been dealt with by a firmware update, which is now version 4.2.4.3  That takes about 3 to 4 days to download after you have it up and running at your home.  Can you log into the CGN3 and confirm what firmware it is presently loaded with?  Fwiw, I use the same CGN3 with the 250Mb/s package and don't experience any issues with it.  I run the 5Ghz wireless on it and use another router at the other end of the house for the 2.4Gghz wireless net.  Were you running another Rogers modem / router previously, or is this a new service?