cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Ipad Data Sharing glitch

ragnar01
I've Been Around

Nevermind the complaint about $20 sharing vs Bell's $10 sharing plan, I was just informed that Rogers will not allow Ipad data sharing on any of the phones in our corporate plan. Apparently the reason is that all devices using a voice sharing plan must use the same plan so they can't add the Ipad to the "account" because it doesn't have a "voice" component. The only way around it is to take one of the smartphones "out" of the voice sharing group to allow it to share its data. As if that makes any kind of sense.....

Stupid corporate rules.

Anyway FYI - if anyone is told different, please post so we can educate the CSRs accordingly!  🙂

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Interesting Ipad Data Sharing glitch

TenOfZero
I Plan to Stick Around

Not really a glitch, just a reality of corporate accounts, you get a better deal since you buy in bulk, but you get a bit less features as well.

As mentioned by someone else, while this will void your waranty, you can jailbrak your iPhone and buy a 20$ app to tether anything over WiFi.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ne14t
I Plan to Stick Around

Just get a sperate data plan dont bother with the sharing right now you can get the 6GB package for $30 a month after the GRRF your looking about $25 a month to share it seems like a total ripoff to me for no extra data.

Kane
I Plan to Stick Around

I personally JailBreak my phone and just share it with my devices. Even though tethering is free for my netbook I prefer to use a program called mywi I think it was.

What this does is allow me to have 2-3 my friends connect via WIFI to my phone like a router. It's fun for camping or even outings or in the car on trips and such.

TenOfZero
I Plan to Stick Around

Not really a glitch, just a reality of corporate accounts, you get a better deal since you buy in bulk, but you get a bit less features as well.

As mentioned by someone else, while this will void your waranty, you can jailbrak your iPhone and buy a 20$ app to tether anything over WiFi.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation